hello everyone

Options
I am new to this so please forgive me if I ask silly questions on this forum. Anyway I am a middle age married mother of you. I have been dieting since I was 17 and I have steadily lost and gain weight from that point. Last year I started working out but I didn't lose a pound because I never changed my eating habits. I decided in October of last year to really get focused on eating better. I started at 265 and now I am currently 241 lbs. My mini goal is 220 but ultimately I would love to get down 175lbs. I feel that this year I will finally do it.

Replies

• verilla
    verilla Posts: 13
    Options
    Been up and down and sideways for most of my adult life. I understand. It is tough, but keep your focused on your ultimate goal and reward yourself along the way. Positive feedback is a great motivator and you will get lots of that here. Take care!
  • needtolose40
    Options
    Good for you! I have similar goals and have been trying to work hard at them. Every day is a new day & I find myself having to push myself to just get up & do it... but in the past 3 weeks I've lost 8 pounds and kept it off, so the scale is turning out to be my friend!
    I've found using a timer is helpful - 20, 30, 40 minutes isn't really that long in the whole day to take for yourself.
    Good Luck!
  • wanetam
    wanetam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The sight is fantastic, you will really enjoy it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like ; )
  • AliciaMancini
    Options
    good job girl! I'm so proud of you. Let's promise each other to log everything we eat everyday. I think it will really help us to learn about ourselves. Keep up the good work!