Anyone had to have Nip/Tucks after extreem weightloss?

Options
As the above says, i need to loose ALOT of weightbefore im considered "normal" and i no that my body will be in a total mess after i have lost the weight.....

I think more than likely i will need a thigh lift, arm lift and tummy tuck, possibly my boobs either lifted or an implant to fill the loose skin...the joys!

Has anyone had eithr of these? if so what was your opinion of them?

I do have a friend who has lost roughly 12 stone (gastricband) and has so far had her tummy and upper arms done.

This doe's not scare me as lets face it it was me that made my body like this in the first place!

Replies

• rosemadderv
    rosemadderv Posts: 25
    Options
    I've seen different ideas on this- I think it really boils down to needing to be a personal decision after you have either gotten to your goal or a 'stopping point'. I've read that it can take as much as 6mo before your body adjusts as much as it is going to after weight loss. In other words, some of the skin etc will shrink back with you, and it will take a while to see what your body can do on its own.

Also, from women who have lost a lot of weight- they seem to have less of a problem with this issue if they are doing strength training *as they lose the weight*. This seems to help the skin/muscle tone up and have less just... hanging.

I sadly have not followed this advice and am starting to work out more now, closer to my goal with the hopes that I can make a dent in some of the extra 'deflated' looking skin around my lower abdomen. All that plastic surgery is expensive as well, so doing as much as you can on your own makes sense!

Best of luck and perseverance to you :)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on having a lower body lift to get rid of the excess skin from my stomach and thighs. I'm not worried about my arms, they're really not that big anymore but the rest of it has definitely got to go.. Eventually. :]
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I lost about 50 pounds in a year, going from a tight (American) size 16 to a 6. There is plenty of loose skin on my tummy and I am going to get a tummy tuck. The cosmetic surgeon says I'm a good candidate because it's now mostly skin (hardly any fat). Not long after that, I will be getting a tubal ligation.
    When we save up a bit more money, I will interview the options to get a breast lift/augmentation. However, a good bra does wonders for sagging breasts.
    I've had 3 children, which doesn't help the situation.

Reading your goals (mostly geared toward motherhood), I would recommend that you have your child(ren) then get the cosmetic surgery. You don't want to tighten up the skin only to have it stretch back out for a growing baby.

All the best! :)
  • MrsTits
    MrsTits Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You might be surprised you know. The extreme saggy skin seems to come from a verrrry quick weight loss seen with the likes of a gastric band op because the skin doesn't have a chance to shrink back as it does with gradual weight loss.

I know quite a few people from another forum I go to who have lost 10-15 stone and haven't needed any surgery at all and don't note that much excess skin at all...I've even seen the before and after pics and the body shapes look quite normal.

I don't plan to have any surgery at all. I've lost nearly 5 stone already and there's no looseness anywhere, my skin fits my weight if that makes any sense? I hope a gradual loss will leave me with a relatively normal figure...don't expect miracles of course, will never look like Megan Fox but will be happy enough with a few lumpy bits here and there. :)
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see a surgeon next Weds for my arms after 75# loss, see if I can get it done now or should I wait until I reach another 50# loss.
    I will be getting a tummy tuck and thights done too next winter for sure.
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    You might be surprised you know. The extreme saggy skin seems to come from a verrrry quick weight loss seen with the likes of a gastric band op because the skin doesn't have a chance to shrink back as it does with gradual weight loss.

I know quite a few people from another forum I go to who have lost 10-15 stone and haven't needed any surgery at all and don't note that much excess skin at all...I've even seen the before and after pics and the body shapes look quite normal.

I don't plan to have any surgery at all. I've lost nearly 5 stone already and there's no looseness anywhere, my skin fits my weight if that makes any sense? I hope a gradual loss will leave me with a relatively normal figure...don't expect miracles of course, will never look like Megan Fox but will be happy enough with a few lumpy bits here and there. :)

I already have funny looking arms, although my tummy still fits the fat if that makes sense! and my inner thighs already have started looking horrible, i have a wee roll if that makes sense!
  • MrsTits
    MrsTits Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You may find that evens out as you lose more weight but maybe not, I guess everyone's different eh.
    I'd be too scared to go under the knife in case they botched it but if I find I need it once I get to target and I have the cash then maybe I'd think about it, not something I'm even considering at the mo though, am a scaredy cat, lol

Ooo try Palmers cocoa body butter. There's one for pregnancy and weight loss that's surprisingly good, I use it every day and it does feel like it tightens the skin...plus it makes you smell like chocolate, which is never a bad thing :D