Anyone waiting out or on Hanna?

Options
Just wondering.

I'm totally bummed. They canceled the NASCAR race for tomorrow night and will be running on Sunday instead , (which is cool)but, kindof puts a damper on the tailgating. We did hang out in the pits all day today, then took a long walk to the outside of the track to buy some things from the vendors. I should have known that it was going to be bad when they were taking the huge banners down from the outside of the track.
When it started to rain around 4 we came home early. We found out on the way home that we are now supposed to get 5-6 inches of rain between midnight tonight and tomorrow afternoon and sustained winds around 25-30 with gusts to 50! WTH! We had to go around the house and batten down the hatches!

Hope everyone in the path of this storm stays safe.....Shorerider...I know that you are out on the eastern shore somewhere...be safe!

Replies

• watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Just wondering.

I'm totally bummed. They canceled the NASCAR race for tomorrow night and will be running on Sunday instead , (which is cool)but, kindof puts a damper on the tailgating. We did hang out in the pits all day today, then took a long walk to the outside of the track to buy some things from the vendors. I should have known that it was going to be bad when they were taking the huge banners down from the outside of the track.
    When it started to rain around 4 we came home early. We found out on the way home that we are now supposed to get 5-6 inches of rain between midnight tonight and tomorrow afternoon and sustained winds around 25-30 with gusts to 50! WTH! We had to go around the house and batten down the hatches!

Hope everyone in the path of this storm stays safe.....Shorerider...I know that you are out on the eastern shore somewhere...be safe!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    We're expecting some rain in central NC. Flash flood warnings are in effect until tomorrow evening, but we aren't seeing much more than a light rain, and no rain currently!
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It is raining here like crazy but should be done by 2pm tomorrow. Hopefully it will not be too much trouble around here. :grumble:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Folks here aren't too concerned--supposed to get some strong winds--30-45 mph and gusts to 55mph--and lots of rain (started already); but nothing major. We're just hoping we don't lose power. Hate it when that happens.

Kind of get used to storms out in this part of VA--we've had Nor-Easters worse than Hanna, so no one's freaking out.

I'm mad it will keep me off my bike for another day though :grumble:

Oh yeah, and that 2 events both me and my DH were looking forward to get cancelled. He was going to be in a canoe race tomorrow, and I was going out near Suffolk to ride with a church group--first group ride and now it's cancelled. :grumble: :grumble:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    emikarls where are you at. i am in charleston area of SC. it has been raining for hours. every once in a while the winds kick up. went to DD for a WII/storm party for dinner. it was fun. i didn't play much on the WII, should have, couldn't take my nightly walk around my yard. still raining, hope we get a break soon.. poor doggy is crossing his legs. he hates going out in the rain. he better go before bed....
    keep safe.
    chipper
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    emikarls where are you at. i am in charleston area of SC. it has been raining for hours. every once in a while the winds kick up. went to DD for a WII/storm party for dinner. it was fun. i didn't play much on the WII, should have, couldn't take my nightly walk around my yard. still raining, hope we get a break soon.. poor doggy is crossing his legs. he hates going out in the rain. he better go before bed....
    keep safe.
    chipper

I've been watching the news and I see you guys are getting the brunt of it right now, I live in Eastern NC, about 2.5 -3 hours from Mrytle Beach. I hope heavy rain is all you guys get!
  • kallio
    Options
    I'm watching Hannah and Ike. My brother, sister in law, and niece live on a sail boat in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm crossing my fingers for them! :noway:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    We are supposed to get our part of it tomorrow afternoon into the evening. It should be a bit weaker by then. I think they are calling for 3-6 inches. This area floods easily for some reason though!

Be safe everyone!!! If you don't have to go out...then DON'T!!! :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    im sitting in so florida just waiting to see what IKE is going to do. go away little boy....go away
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm also worried about Ike. :grumble:
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    We are getting rain, but right now just the upper bands of the storm are coming through. I am in Central Virginia. I am planning to still run through the storm in the morning anyway. I love running in the rain.... We will see how bad the weather is first though.