Look At Me Now (After Reaching Your Goal Weight)

Options
I am a fun loving guy, very social, and considered entertaining to be around (of course the fat guy is either the joke teller or the *kitten* of the joke). Over the years I've had several relationships, some better than others but all educational in one way or another but I've come to a shocking realization, and it kinda hurts. Although not until around 2007 did I really consider my weight to be an important concern. I have this "Once an athlete always an athlete" naive mindset without realizing I let my body go. Anyway I recently thought about each relationship and noticed that they each have one thing in common. After each break up, my ex's each ended up dating or in some cases even marrying guys that were much smaller or have "better bodies" than I do. Although I have no interest in dating ANY of my ex's ever again, I would definitely love for them to see me when I'm fit and reach my ideal weight, not to brag but just to see their reactions. Ok maybe to brag a little :happy:

Who would you like to show your new body off to? A bully? Nay sayers? Ex? and WHY?

Replies

• makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with u...wanna show off my hotness when I reach my goal weight and I wanna meet a man who will treat me better than they ever did! I don't wanna show off too much...just a little....lol....:wink:
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    My best friend, who seems to have issues with me wanting to lose weight.
    An old best friend (with benefits) who left my life for another girl.
    All the people in my class who've called me fat or ugly
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i had the ability to do that this past weekend. and while he did say i looked amazing, he wasnt as impressed as i thought he should have been. the one person i wanted to see me in my new body, and he could have acted like he cared less really. it made me realize that maybe it isnt all about the body. while confidence is good, apparently there was something else about me he didnt find attractive, other then my body. made me really think too.
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I'd show off to all of the little asshats in school that made fun of me for being big! And probably the ex's too... I'm a little on the self centered side like that. :laugh:
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    One of my ex's(I know pathetic, but it gives me motivation)...mostly my family bc I have always struggled with my weight while my mom and sister have always been small.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Definitely one of my exes who thinks he can still have me. I'd love to see the look on his face if he ever saw me at my goal weight, looking TOTALLY hot and then knowing I STILL won't answer his calls. lol

I had a mini-version of this kind of hypothetical situation. I had a *****y roommate a couple years ago and I was working out everyday while looking for a job while she just ate whatever she wanted and said she wanted to get fit and healthy but never did. I saw her a few months ago and she has ballooned. I had this fantastic dress on, a size 11, looked SKINNY and everyone said I looked hot. I strategically walked by her several times that night just to show off my body 'cause I know she's ashamed of herself. She tries to hide it under big flowy shirts (and not the fashionable ones) and I felt great. Best night of my life. That's karma, baby.
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    My success reward is a photo shoot! You bet I'm going to be showing off. And then some, for my boyfriend, with a more private collection.

But I get what you're saying, apparently one of my ex's preferred my clothing on another lady, and it can be disheartening.
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Maybe my ex..But mostly I'm doing this for me...:smile:
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to want to show those you were once intimate with a more physically fit version of yourself. I actually started gaining weight when I met my husband, so all of my ex's knew me when I was thinner. The ones that matter the most, still think I look good. For me, there are a few women who looked down their noses at me in years past. They are now haggard, so it would be fun to let them see that not only has my hair and skin held up, but my body is still pretty good too.

M
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This bully who always calls me fat....over the internet but has never had the courage to say it to my face. I hate him but I'd LOVE to walk by him looking fit, toned and hot as hell. He's a loser though, so if he can't call me fat anymore, I'll just be a bit**, or a slut. You can't ever win, so I've realized that it's important that I'm losing weight and getting healthy for the right reasons. But dang seeing the look on his face...it'll feel good :devil:
  • Charlottekd
    Charlottekd Posts: 94
    Options
    I want to show all my friends. I want them to be proud of me and happy for me. Also would be nice for them and all my family to see me happy and comfortable in myself :)
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be all my exs but expecially one who use to steal my junk food hide it. Then tell me that I was fat and needed to lose weight all the time when he was twice the size of me... Which being in a relationship with him i gained 40lbs at least just from those comments
  • enteralexx
    enteralexx Posts: 3
    Options
    Mine would be to show all the people who believe i dont have enough willpower to do it, that i can and have!
    And to prove to myself that food doesn't rule my life!
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Who would I love to bump into now?

1) My ex best friend - she never did me any favours in losing weight, and my self esteem was so low through her I piled on the weight as a result. Thankfully she's long gone out of my life.

2) One of my current best friends, who I'd love for her to come on my journey with me. She's a diet saboteur (to me) but I can't work out if she realises it or not. Either way I'm in a stronger position now and i'd love to lift her up as well as me. :smile:

3) Another good friend, who I'd like to realise that eating healthily gets you slim, not fad dieting
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Im in this for me but an ex is the one I got fat with, dang donut eating woman.So when Im skinny you damn right Im gonna rub it in.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't just about being skinny, but also being fit. My ex-husband first cheated on me with a friend of mine (still friends with HER) so I am constantly mentally in competition with her, and he eventually left me for a tiny, petite, big boobed "girl". Thanks to the wonderful, faithful man that I have since married, in the past 7 years, I am stronger, thinner, fitter, and wearing a bikini. Our 10-year-old's graduation is in a couple of weeks and I got this smokin' dress to wear in front of them. I have no problem getting old, I just don't have to look it. But mostly, I do it for my wonderful husband who isn't your typical GQ guy (4 inches shorter and bald), but loves showing me off :wink: no matter what size I am...and for my daughter who needs to know that "being strong" is powerful!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I would like to show my body off to my best friend (we live 1000 miles apart). She is the most amazing friend I could ever ask for, but she is the tall, thin, blond model type and I've always been the short, chubby, "cute" type. Guys were always drawn to her hot body and beauty and they were ALWAYS attracted to her instead of me. I know she would be so happy to see me and so proud of my accomplishments.

Also i'd like to be able to post a picture of myself on facebook so my friends/family can actually see what I look like (i live in NC and all my friends and fam live in TX). When I go back to visit next summer i'd like to look hot. :wink:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    When I lost my first 70 lbs (280 - 210), a girl that was my friend / was interested in (long story) came through the math center where I worked one day. She came up to me, exclaimed that I had lost a lot of weight, and rubbed my stomach :noway: (She had never purposely touched me before either). She put forth the empty statement of getting together and talking, I told her to email me, and I never saw or heard from her again.
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Myself. I'm my own worst enemy.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    My mom, which sad to say has probably been the biggest bully in my life when it comes to my weight. I can't wait for the day that I'm a size smaller than her and be able to say something about HER fat *kitten*.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!