does anybody know of any good books??

Options
2»

Replies

• jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I love Sophie Kinsella books . . . they're very "fluff" reading but reallllllly funny.

A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner were great as well, but they're a lot heavier.

The Host, which was written by the same author as Twilight (but is a much better book, I promise!)

Dean Koontz, early James Patterson, Harlan Coben, and Robert Baldacci are good if you like mysteries.

The Golden Compass Trilogy is awesome (unlike the movie)

Harry Potter, of course, if you haven't already read it.

A Thief of Time by Clive Barker

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult

I could go on forever . . . I LOOOOOOOVE to read! Let me know if you need some other ideas!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Here are a few suggestions. Some are fiction, some non fiction. Depends on your taste. But worth a look:

"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen

"The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series" by JR Ward (9 in series currently)
    "The Fallen Angel Series" by JR Ward (2 in series currently-3rd out in November I believe)

"Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of his Trip to Heaven and Back" by Todd Burpo (Just finished listening to this one on audiobook...AMAZING!)

"Alas, Babylon" by Pat Frank (One of my favorite books..have read it at least 1000 times)

Just a few to share...enjoy!
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite books:

Fiction:
    "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy
    "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
    "The City of Glass" by Paul Auster (or the complete "New York Trilogy" of whch CoG is one story)
    "The Book of Illusions" by Paul Auster
    Paul Auster, I must admit, is a bit of an acquired taste.
    "The Natural" by Bernard Malamud
    Any book by Walter Tevis or Douglas Adams
    "A Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemmingway
    "Slaughterhouse Five" "Mother Night" "Cat's Cradle" God Bless You Mr. Rosewater" or just about any other Kurt Vonnegut novel.

Non-Fiction:
    "The Great Influenza" or "Rising Tide" by John M. Barry. The first is about the 1918 Influenza Epidemic, the second about the 1927 Mississippi River Flood.
    "Four Against the Arctic" by David Roberts. This one is about 4 Russian sailors who were stranded and survived 6 years on an Arctic island in the min-18th Century.
    "In the Wake of the Plague" by Norman Cantor. Europe's Black Death.
    "Just Kids" by Patti Smith. Autobiography