Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-In December 18

Options
Good morning. Hope everyone is more awake than I am! I envy all you morning exercisers out there - I just can't get up another second earlier than I have to with my boys. Way to go, guys! We are only a week away from CHRISTMAS!!!

Besides lot's of cleaning I managed to force out 20 minutes on my bike last night. I just don't know why I have been SO, SO exhausted in the evening lately! By 8:00 I am ready to crash. I am a person who usually lays awake for an hour or more before falling asleep at night. Not lately! 5-10 minutes and I'm out. Any thoughts or suggestions?

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Hope everyone is more awake than I am! I envy all you morning exercisers out there - I just can't get up another second earlier than I have to with my boys. Way to go, guys! We are only a week away from CHRISTMAS!!!

Besides lot's of cleaning I managed to force out 20 minutes on my bike last night. I just don't know why I have been SO, SO exhausted in the evening lately! By 8:00 I am ready to crash. I am a person who usually lays awake for an hour or more before falling asleep at night. Not lately! 5-10 minutes and I'm out. Any thoughts or suggestions?

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi NIccole,

Are you taking a multivitamin? Take two during this stressful, fun time of year. If we're calorie-restricting, we need the multi. Also, this extreme tiredness might mean you're not getting enough calories.

or:

Before I was an exerciser, I layed awake many a night. Not anymore. Add to that your busy life and your boys, and you're probably tired.:wink:

Anyways, today is yoga day (I'm aiming for 60 minutes) and some walking.

positivity back at all of you!:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Well, the snow finally stopped and it was -13 when I got up this morning...brrr! I did my Hip Hop Abs video & rode my bike for 20 minutes & did my 20 minute Pilates...also took more measurements this am & lost another 4 1/2 inches:drinker: That makes 21 total inches since I started measuring on 11/17.

I wish I could give you some advice about staying awake longer but getting up at 4 am puts me in bed at 9 or 9:30 at the latest.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sleep, and lots of it! I'm a 'body listener' and I think if your body is telling you it is tired, the answer must be to get more sleep! :smile:

I used to roll on 6 hours per night but since the past couple of months with the exercise, I'm wanting 7.5 +. It's a bit ironic that my energy levels are waay up, yet I need more sleep! :ohwell:

With regard to the multi-vitamins, I just happened to be reading an article lately. A multi vitamin is not a bad thing to be taking, yet I would be cautious about doubling your dosage and or taking single vitamin supplements. First, check your daily values and see if you are truly deficit. For example, the multi that I take has 200% DV of Vitamin C and I had been taking a single supplement on top of that for about 800% DV.

There is a danger in getting 'overdosed' on some vitamins in particular, such as vitamin B (I don't recall which B) and others that can cause side effects ranging from diarhea to dementia. I'm pretty sure I was also overdosing vitamin B as I was taking a B supplement on top of my multi. I got rid of all the single vitamin supplements and stick only to a multi per day now and I feel better since.

Back on topic: I got in 65 minutes of weights and 8 minutes of stairclimber. Plus more than an hour of snow shovelling and ice chipping. :tongue:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Yesterday 90 minutes yoga, 40 minutes walking.

Can't wait to go to the gym today, though I'm less stressed than I was.

Listen to the body Nicole. I'm sure you don't need to stay up longer.

My order of needs is: sleep, eat, spend time with husband (and family/friends/cats), exercise, then everything else. Basically if I don't get what is first, I won't enjoy what comes after it. My house doesn't need cleaning as much as I need exercise or I can't enjoy my food without enough sleep. Just how I work though - everyone is different.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm back! Got to go home for a long weekend with in-laws (I actually love them) and my family. My son got spoiled with some early presents; it was soooo amazing to be with family. :blushing: I miss them a lot.

Didn't get in a single workout in last 4-days :grumble: , but was never sitting still either. Did watch calories for most part. Ate a ton of fruit & veggies at party and didn't touch the dessert table!

I need to get back on track fast! HELP!

ps. on the multivitamin, check the iron & calcium balance. Which ever is lower means you need a supplement at a different point in the day as the cancel out each other. (Typically higher calcium, lower iron; may need an additional low dose iron which is critical for females; guys should avoid high iron)