My mind is willing but my body is not cooperating

Options
Hi,

I am real frustrated with myself . Eventhough I want to push myself very hard to do the JM's DVD's (30day shred) or Circuit training plan, my body is reacting very negatively since I injured a ligament about a month ago doing the cirucuits (jumping jacks/skipping). After two weeks it felt like it got better and when I tried to do the circuits or JM's dvd, again it starting to swell up and the other day my leg was in so much pain.. Like I said my mind is willing but my body is not cooperating at all . I am getting real frustrated as to what to do?
I can not seem to do any lounges/squats as they seem to be aggravating my pain nor jumping jacks or skipping (jm's 30day shred has lot of that).. actually I started that DVD and I did only day 2 and now my leg is hurting so much .. even though i modified the jumping and skipping..

I want to be able to reach my goal of 125lbs by august as my birth day is in AUgust and also I am going on a cruise . With the way I am feeling right now, I may not make my goal and it is getting very frustrating..

Has anyone had ligament sprain and how long did it take to heal.? I was hoping that it would get better by now since i had it in March and now it is almost end of May...I am a diabetic too and in my experience everything takes too long to heal and I am really motivated to do the exercises and loose weight

I feel like throwing the towel and just sit and watch TV ..but I know better. If I just do walking and upper body circuits, it will not burn enough calories to loose.. any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks
Nina

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Can you walk? If so, just walk every day! There's no need to do extreme/high impact workouts to burn calories. Walking or swimming or upper body weights will do the trick.

Ligaments can take 4 - 10 weeks to heal. Depends on the tear. You're better off resting it and trying to find alternatives.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You need to give your body tome to heal - I've had some knee tendon issues and went from running to walking/resting and it has improved slowly.
    If you watch your calories and walk within your limits you will lose weight.
    I've never seen a Jillian DVD in my life, although most people here seem to do this stuff it isn't the only way to lose weight!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a pool? Swimming and deep water aerobics are excellent workouts.

Make sure you give yourself time to heal!
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies. I think I will start walking as I live close to the beach....also I belong to the gym so I can start swimming. I guess I better tIe care of this ...otherwise I will be the looser.