Tired of trips to the bathroom....

Options
makmyra
makmyra Posts: 121 Member
Seriously I'm peeing like a race horse? If that's a real situation...lol. I'm drinking a lotta fluid...is all the peeing a good thing or not? :ohwell:

Replies

• fivemiles
    fivemiles Posts: 14
    Options
    I am not a doctor but if you have a burning sensation it might be a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). Check with your doctor just to be sure...
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    it's not a bad thing at all. it is your body working like it should. Once your body adjusts it should start regulating itself and you will not experience as many trips to the bathroom.... Tho for some people this does not change at all.

Don't worry, just know where a washroom is all the time :)

Cheers
    WR
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I drank 24 ounces of water before bed last night & was up until 1am making trips to the bathroom. It was ridiculous!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I live in the restroom these days. I keep waiting for my body to get used to it, but it's not happening. :sad:
  • DarkSwan
    DarkSwan Posts: 29
    Options
    I like to think of it this way, all the trips back and forth filling up my water bottle and going pee is that many more calories I burn. XD
  • MsLaurie65
    MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It can be awful but it is a good thing, your body is getting rid of all those bad things and replacing it with good things!!!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    um sorry...no uti here! lol....thanks for the concern though. Thank u everyone else for the comaderie! I'm sick of the night trips... :ohwell:
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    ... try to stop drinking fluids an hour or 2 before bedtime ...
  • path2a6pack
    path2a6pack Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The truth, drinking lots of water does that but the bad news is even when you stop later on drinking lots of water, as soon as you drink you will go lol - at least its my case which is ok cause the system is clear and working well loll - dont worry
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of asking my boss if I could move my computer into the bathroom!
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya.....it's annoying, but it's a good thing. Think of it this way, every time you flush, you're flushing away all those nasty toxins. Water is great for you kidneys, for your muscles, skin, bloating, everything! Keep on drinking!
  • kristina0206
    Options
    Haha this is so funny because I've been good about drinking so much water, but I swear I pee at least 10 times a day (not even exaggerating!)
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I drink about 4 liters of water a day measured by my water bottle. I stop drinking at 8p to limit the trips to the bathroom. Otherwise multiple trips with out any pain means you are flushing your system well.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel.
    I was at the office the other day when an important client came in for a meeting.
    We headed up to the 8th floor and found the conference room.
    Everyone sat down and my boss started talking.

Cant tell you the rest of the story, I need to go peee........
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm glad someone else posted this topic - because I wanted to. I love water but hate being chained to the toilet. Every store I go to, I scope out the joint, looking for the washroom before I get down to shopping. I've abandoned shopping carts in busy aisles, mincing across the store with my knees pressed together, praying I'll make it in time.

My bladder must be the size of a pea. It's got to be genetic. So is my mother's. She drinks water like nobody's business, but can't hold it. I've seen her pee in bushes, on the side of the road, in parking lots. It's ridiculous.

When I need to go, it comes on suddenly, and I need to get to the bathroom quick! Otherwise I need to hold very still, and wait for the sensation to pass for a moment. Then and only then can I seize the moment and hope to God no one is in the bathroom ahead of me. There are only two stalls at work.

I'm considering wearing Poise pads. But who wants to smell like urine in their 40's? I'm already dateless ...