I hate PF Changs

Options
Seriously those !@#$%^&*( %^&*() can go take a @#$%^ off a bridge @#$%^&

The lunch bowl is TWO SERVINGS!? I call SHENANIGANS!

I read the nutritional content online (on my phone) and saw that it had the lunch bowl "shrimp and lobster sauce" at 315 calories, on the brown rice. That seemed perfect, so I ordered that and I didn't even eat the brown rice. I ate the 8-10 small shrimp and that was it. Got home and logged it only to discover that the lunch bowl is considered to be two servings.

I am not going back there. They are deliberately misleading people with their nutritional info.

Seriously irritated right now. AND I have to go workout if I want to eat dinner.
:explode: :grumble: :mad: :angry:

Replies

• oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That sucks. I've noticed a lot of places do that, though.

I love PF Changs. It's my favorite. I always get the vegetarian fried rice & the vegetarian lettuce wraps. Oh gosh. Now I want to go there! :tongue:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    They're too damn expensive, anyways. :/
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Pei Wei is like that too. I know a lot of places do that.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Food places are out of control...sometimes I think they should be regulated whth what they can put into food (I know that pisses some people off, but it would be for the best)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    They're too damn expensive, anyways. :/
    right!? our lunch was $86, outrageous for the actual amount of food we got. (OK Most of that was hubby's bar tab, but STILL)
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I still think that nutritional info should be put on menus to begin with.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I didn't really think resturants do that until now thanks for the heads up I would be pissed and argue with someone who works that idk if that will solve anything probably not.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    What's with their skinny *kitten* beer glasses?
  • tvaye10
    tvaye10 Posts: 19
    Options
    Agreed!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I have noticed, since I started noticing this stuff, that quite a few places do this. I look at as much the same as the nutrition labels on many foods. What one would assume is a single serving, is often not! Dirty Somonabastages!! smiley-angry019.gif
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Yeah, it sucks. Sometimes it's best to just pre-emptively ask for a doggie bag and box half that stuff up from the get-go.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    That's the thing, the bowl of food is NOT large. You would never think looking at it that it is two portions, because it's NOT. They are just calling it two portions so that when some dope like me glances at the nutritional info, I am tricked into thinking it was 315 calories. The portion had 8-10 small size (as big as a quarter) shrimp, which were coated in the sauce, over about a cup and a half of brown rice. Now I already knew rice of any kind is calorie dense, so I didn't touch the rice, so I thought I was being SO virtuous.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I would assume that the calories that were the worst for you would be from the sauce. Restaurants use salt and sugar and fat ahoy!! to make things taste good.

Sucks to try to eat out anymore unless I just call it a treat meal and move on - usually just order a salad, dressing on the side.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, but you are wrong. Do your research before you go bashing like this! I just went to their site and viewed their nutritional info and it clearly has a column that says that dish is 2 servings and the column right next to that says it's 315 calories PER SERVING. I would hope you would delete this thread now.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's the thing, the bowl of food is NOT large. You would never think looking at it that it is two portions, because it's NOT. They are just calling it two portions so that when some dope like me glances at the nutritional info, I am tricked into thinking it was 315 calories. The portion had 8-10 small size (as big as a quarter) shrimp, which were coated in the sauce, over about a cup and a half of brown rice. Now I already knew rice of any kind is calorie dense, so I didn't touch the rice, so I thought I was being SO virtuous.

You realize that by not eating the whole serving, you can't log the whole serving right?
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    So why don't you just log the 10 shrimp? That's like 50 calories or something.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I completley agree!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, but you are wrong. Do your research before you go bashing like this! I just went to their site and viewed their nutritional info and it clearly has a column that says that dish is 2 servings and the column right next to that says it's 315 calories PER SERVING. I would hope you would delete this thread now.
    :tongue:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Pei Wei is like that too. I know a lot of places do that.

Pei Wei is owned by P.F Changs. It's supposed to be their more affordable option or something.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It's not just restuarants that do this. A lot of food companies mislead consumers by tweaking the serving size in order to make their product be within a certain calorie range. Case in point: I was at the store yesterday looking at english muffins. Didn't plan on buying, just looking at nutrition facts. Picked up one: calories per serving = 150. Serving size = 1 muffin. Picked up another: calories per serving = 150. Serving size = 1/2 muffin. Seriously??? Half a muffin?! Who eats half a muffin?! So this manufacturer adjusted the serving size of their product in order to have the same number of calories per serving as most of the other english muffin companies. You have to be diligent when it comes to reading nutrition labels on food these days.