NSV!!! Wedding Ring

Options
LuckyLeprechaun
LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
When I had my wedding ring made, I was at my highest weight (or close to it). It was made in a size 8. I just had it resized to fit me properly, and it is now a size 6!!!! It was getting so loose I could hold my hand vertically, drop it onto my finger and it would slide all the way down. If I flicked my hands to get water off them after hand washing, my ring was in extreme danger of flying right off, so I sucked it up and had it sized. I am kinda weirded out by the thought of leaving my ring anywhere, or going around without it on, so I stayed at the jeweler's while he did the work. I'm always scared they are going to switch out my diamonds or something (thanks, 20/20 for putting that horrifying idea into my head)

Next up, removing a link from my watch!

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my ring! I have to take it off when I play basketball or do anything like that because it will just fling right off.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    my jeweler only charged $10 to do the work, it's so worth it knowing my ring is safe now!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I have stopped wearing mine for the same reason, the tan line has faded some. A little longer and I might be able to pull off acting single. Until the voices in my wifes head tell me to knock that *kitten* off... Great NSV!!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your NSV! I got so big my wedding rings had to be cut off my finger! Broke my heart! I have not had them fixed yet since I am waiting for my weight to stabilize. My hubby did go out and buy me a nice shiny big bling to go on my tiny fingers, but it's not the same. This one I have to keep using ring inserts to keep it tight, as I am waiting for weight to stabilize before sizing. Have a great day!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I get to do this soon! my ring is way loose too. exciting stuff
    congrats!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    my jeweler only charged $10 to do the work, it's so worth it knowing my ring is safe now!

....and then sold the 22g of gold he extracted for $300. Gold is $1,500 and ounce now, or some ridiculous amount :laugh:

Even more with the diamond....:tongue:
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options

....and then sold the 22g of gold he extracted for $300. Gold is $1,500 and ounce now, or some ridiculous amount :laugh:

Even more with the diamond....:tongue:

...was thinking the same thing!!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    When it was made, it weighed 12.3 grams. When it was sized the first time (down to a 6 3/4) I lost .4 grams, it was at 11.9. Now, after today's sizing, it weighs 11.1, so I lost .8 of a gram, and with gold at $1511 per ounce, and 28 grams in an ounce, I estimate that I lost about $42 worth of gold (in today's sizing).

It's none of your business why I have a gram scale, or know the conversions in my head LOL
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! What an awesome feeling!! :flowerforyou:

I was able to do the same thing a few months ago - went from size 7 to a 5! I couldn't believe it!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's none of your business why I have a gram scale, or know the conversions in my head LOL

LOL! There are several other things I can think of that one weighs in grams .... :tongue:

Congratulations on your progress! :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    :blushing: LOL

Thanks, guys, for all the congrats! It does feel so good.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I stopped wearing mine a few months ago because it got uncomfortably tight, I started eating more after getting married, I realized I started matching my husbands portions unconciously, and coupled with a dip in thyroid I gained more weight than I care to admit. I refuse to have it sized tho, and am almost readt to start wearing it again!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    When it was made, it weighed 12.3 grams. When it was sized the first time (down to a 6 3/4) I lost .4 grams, it was at 11.9. Now, after today's sizing, it weighs 11.1, so I lost .8 of a gram, and with gold at $1511 per ounce, and 28 grams in an ounce, I estimate that I lost about $42 worth of gold (in today's sizing).

tee hee.. . okay, I was off by $258. Still. He sizes enough rings and he's got himself a little nugget.

Everywhere I go I manage to change the subject to something that may be mind altering :tongue: Vodka, tequila, botanicals, grams. . . :smokin:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Do all your dollar bills roll up?? smiley-level1_don008.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!