Whey Protien and other suppliments?

Options
redsoxy
redsoxy Posts: 73 Member
Hi all,

In my journey for weight loss and fitness I have been working very hard at clean eating and exercise. I have lately been considering adding suppliments to my plan as well - but have no idea where to start - or if that is even helpful/necessary.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Whey Protein is great, you can get powder or pre-made shakes. You have try them to find out what you like. Powder can be added to food like oatmeal, cereal, yogurt or made into smoothies and shakes and pre-made, which I use are easy to use and take along with you during the day.

Look for protein w/25grams or more of protein per serving!

Best of Luck and let us know how you are doing!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Top Care makes a powder in different flavors - great for shakes with a little almond milk, 1/2 banana and some peanut butter. I like to keep equate shakes on hand. 10g of protein and fiber too. In general, if your diet is high in fruits and vegetables then supplemens aren't necessary - talk to your doctor - they usually can help with what is best for you!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I use syntrax nectar protein shake, 23 grams protein, 0 carbs, 0 fat. also sometimes add pb2 to it which is a powder peanut butter low in cal and fat
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    There are 2 major types of whey protein, whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. Whey protein concentrate is low in fat, has a highest biological value and is typically about 75% pure protein by weight. Whey protein isolate is whey in it's purest form. Isolates are processed to remove fat and lactose. Typically whey protein isolate is about 90%+ pure protein by weight.

Whey protein supplements generally fall into 3 categories. Whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate and whey protein blends. Whey protein concentrate powders are the cheapest, but have the highest levels of fat and lactose. Whey protein isolate powders have the most amount of protein per serving and literally zero carbs, lactose and fat. These are generally priced higher than concentrate. And finally, whey protein blends are the most popular of the whey protein powders. As the name suggests, these products combine whey protein isolate and concentrate to make a high quality product (with an awesome amino acid profile),