Has anyone lost weight doing zumba??

Options
I love it!! However i wasnt sure if it actually works to help lose weigh. So has anyone lost weight do it?

Replies

• phgk
    phgk Posts: 29
    Options
    I love Zumba too, and would like to hear if it helps shed those pounds also.
  • minxblack
    minxblack Posts: 40
    Options
    Yes. Its part of my regular exercise routime. I haven't done it lately and have noticed a slow down in my weight loss. But I also think it has to do with just moving and sweating, being active.
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I personally know 3 people that have lost over 100 pound a piece just doing Zumba and eating correctly. They went 5 days a week.

Hope this helps.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,281 Member
    Options
    I was on a plateau and added Zumba and just started seeing a loss the last 2 weeks again. Not sayin its all Zumba but I think it is part of it. I am only doing 1 day for now.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    It is also part of my regular excercise routine... I love it and it has helped me tremendously to both loose weight and build strength and stamina!!!!
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I did zumba this winter off and on (bought the xbox game) and loved it!! I did it for three weeks religiously and lost weight....I have friends that have also lost weight.....it is a great way to keep movin!!!
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    PS....If you do Zumba be sure to have the proper shoes....aerobic style shoes with a thinner sole instead of running shoes with a thicker sole.....Running shoes are made for going forward whereas aerobic style are for side to side....which you do a ton of! Otherwise you may run into knee soreness....I personally believe everyone will experience a little knee pain but without the right shoes it could slow ya down.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Most of my weight loss is from Zumba. I did add KettleWorx later on for strength training. Zumba has helped a lot!