Quinoa Recipes??

Options
crysthom
crysthom Posts: 27
Anyone have any good recipes using Quinoa? Either as a side or main dish. Thanks!

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I just usually just throw stuff together. I cook the quinoa in chicken broth. Then add corn, cucumber, tomatos, black beans, celery. Whatever else I might have on hand.
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    Check out Foodnetwork.com and search quinoa. My faves are the garlic, pine nuts, and raisin salad..... and the grapefruit/quinoa salad. Enjoy!
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    I saute the quinoa with some shallots then cook with chicken broth. After it has cooked I stir in fresh thyme, lemon juice (2-3 tablespoons) and some chopped veggies (if I have on hand).
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oh my...looks yummy....do you deliver? I ate cooking! :glasses:
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options

mouth watering!!!!:love:
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love the mushroom, spinach & garlic recipe. Here is the link:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/robins-quinoa-with-mushrooms-and-spinach/Detail.aspx

I also cook with chicken broth. Make sure you wash it twice and soak it to get the bitter taste out.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I throw whatever I have available in it, it's very versatile!! I am going to a picnic tomorrow and I'm bringing a quinoa salad. I ALWAYS bring the salad and a Boca burger. That way, if nothing else, I have some healthy things to eat. BTW... my boyfriend says everything goes better with quinoa!!

This is what's in my basic salad. I don't have measurements. I'm a "throw it in" kind of cook.

Quinoa
    Grape tomatoes (I usually cut them in half as they are easier to eat)
    Green onions (scallions)
    Cilantro (cut fine)
    Bragg's liquid aminos (soy and teriaki substitute)

Cook the quinoa then mix everything together. Takes maybe a half an hour from start to finish, maybe less. It looks and tastes great!! Serve cold.

Quinoa porridge is good too!! :love:
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have actually just recently posted two different quinoa recipes, on my daily cooking blog. One was a week ago Sunday and the other the weekend before that. You can check out my cooking blog by going to www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TracieJ65 I have become a real fan of quinoa.
  • shanste
    shanste Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i like to theme my quinoa. like mexican, japanese, italian, etc. so for the mexican version, i throw in some black beans, salsa, cheese, avocado, and maybe sour cream or greek yogurt. cilantro and lime would be a great addition, but i never have them on hand. the japanese version would have sauteed spinach, sesame seeds, green onions, sesame oil, rice vinegar, bragg's. italian would be sauce and whatever else you like in your sauce...easy, breezey...
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    These all sound fantastic!
  • pannacottayum
    pannacottayum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My formula for any cold grain salad:

a grain (toasted is nice)...quinoa, wheat berries, bulgur
    a green...arugula, spinach, kale
    a nut (toasted is nice)...pecans, walnuts, cashews
    a dried fruit...cranberries, raisins, cherries
    mix your combo with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
  • pannacottayum
    pannacottayum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    oh, also quinoa is nice as a warm breakfast cereal. like a less gummy oatmeal, or nuttier cream of wheat.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Somenameioi
    Somenameioi Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day. I added some chicken sausage and stuffed it into green bell peppers. It was easy and delicious!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    great ideas!
  • crysthom
    crysthom Posts: 27
    Options
    Yes great ideas! I will be trying each of these. Thank you so much!
  • Somenameioi
    Somenameioi Posts: 43 Member
    Options
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    bump