EA Active for Wii

Options
samvanz
samvanz Posts: 122 Member
Now, I know this sounds a bit silly. BUT it's a lot of fun, it's interactive, and it WORKS.

A while ago I bought the EA Active game for Wii, and was doing about 30 mins daily. The program involves a lot of lunging, and it kills your legs - but it really works. My pants started getting really baggy around my thighs, and my legs were the first place that my boyfriend noticed I was losing weight.

So give it a go! It's fun :)

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I have it , used to do it, need to try it again. hurt my knee last year , and have been worried about all the squats and stuff, but been strengthening the leg and knee and ready to try it, Need to move the wii to the less used tv though
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I bought this about a week ago and it's kicking my rear end! I am a little frustrated with the software getting interrupted when the Wii remote and balance board go to "sleep." Have you been able to resolve this?
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    have it too! absolutely love it! :love: too bad u can't have a way that u can play in competition with others on the calorie burns for 6 wk challenge. would be cool to connect with others on the wii :bigsmile:
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I bought this about a week ago and it's kicking my rear end! I am a little frustrated with the software getting interrupted when the Wii remote and balance board go to "sleep." Have you been able to resolve this?

I have the same problem. Curiouse to see if anyone knows how to fix it.
  • suzooz
    Options

I have the same problem. Curiouse to see if anyone knows how to fix it.

The worst is in cool-down when you're in the nice calming stretch, and the stupid thing goes off! :explode:

Do you also find that the cartoon has a delayed reaction when you move?
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Is this the same one as EA Active Personal Trainer? I have been thinking about buying it, but its kinda pricey. If this is the same one then I think I will :bigsmile:
  • samvanz
    Options
    I"m not sure if it's the same as the "personal trainer" one - there IS a personal trainer in this one, but I'm not sure if that's what it's actually called, sorry.

I haven't had any trouble with the balance board, mine doesn't really call for me to use it all that often. I really want to get the 2nd game, they bought out one not long ago with heaps of improvements that look RAD!
  • suzooz
    Options
    I think I have the 2nd one -- it comes with body bands and an HRM that works with the software? In fact, I got so hooked with the HRM that I just got a Body Bugg. I can't wait until it charges!

I just transitioned from Wii Fit, since this was getting a little easy for me. Now when I went back to Wii Fit for my "rest" day, I am finding that the "Free Run" isn't easy anymore -- I can barely do 10 minutes, when I was up to 30.

Anyone else have an issue with shaking up their exercise?
  • samvanz
    Options
    Yeah, it's hard to tell what's a better idea - sticking with the same exercise so that you can measure your progress, or mixing it up heaps so that your body doesn't get complacent...

I'm all over the place with mine, it usually depends how much time I've got or whether anything's sore. This morning I did 40 mins on EA Active (I've got the first one - the 2nd one sounds AMAZING!); but I usually oscillate between 30 Day Shred, EA Active and Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown... All keeps my body from thinking it knows what I'm doing. All about the confusion, baby!
  • aubeelynn
    aubeelynn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All I've done since joining MFP is the Wii Active (the 1st one), and I've lost 7 pounds. I'm just now getting in the C25K program, and I really think all the squats and lunges have helped get my legs a little more ready to start jogging outside. I'd love to try the 2nd one - I heard it has more stuff for abs, but I could be wrong.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I have EA Active 2, had it since January. Really like it!

For those with "going to sleep" problems, I wave the Wii controller around a bit, if I have several exercises (or stretches) in a row that don't actually require it. Or, I tap the Home button, then go back to the program, just to make sure it stays awake.

I stopped trying to use my Wii Balance board with the game because it does fall asleep too easily. Wasn't worth the few exercises I was using with it.

As for knee problems someone mentioned, I use the preset Low-impact workout to avoid the jumping exercises. I also made custom workouts that avoided all the jumping activities. Just copied all the other activities from the Presets I liked into a "custom" version. Really has helped my knees feel better.