extra calories

Options
dezwark
dezwark Posts: 144 Member
I had a great day and great workouts today, but what do i do with my 884 extra calories? What would the healthy decision be? Do I just eat it away, or be happy with the extra? It's the end of the day and I may have a snack or something but I really don't think I can eat that many more calories. Help please

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This is always tough, and that's quite a lot of calories. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a protein shake or some peanut butter toast or something :)
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I am curious too,
    I would say eat some FRUIT like watermelon,etc. , with yogurt perhaps or have some almonds,nuts or cheese, or popcorn, or peanut butter.
    884 calories is quite a few extra calories.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, I say save them for tomorrow or Sunday.
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i did some serious mowing when the kids were napping today. that is why i have so many. i had already eaten 2 meals. i burned a lot more then i thought i would today lol.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I never eat enough because of all of the extra calories I earn from working out. Seeing myself have plenty of calories remaining makes me feel good though.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I find that I am hungrier on the day after a large workout than I am on that day. I would typically eat a few of the calories now, and then see if you get the "day after effect" tomorrow, and eat calories then if you're hungry.

My only 1,000+ calorie burn is mowing the lawn, too. Usually I can only get 200 or so calories burned / exercise session. So I actually look forward to mowing.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I always try to eat my calories back the same day... your body is looking for replenishment after a highly active day. but that's what I like to do... it works best for me, but other's maybe not