In need of encouragment..

Options
I have seriously not been on here for about 2 months. I was doing so good and was down to 134 lbs and feeling really healthy and eating healthy, but now I am back to 140 and eating junk almost every day. I don't know why I can't stick with this. I really want to, but don't know what I am doing wrong. I mainly want to be healthier and feel better but I also have a serious belly pouch going on that I would love to get rid of. None of my jeans are fitting, and the ones that do fit I have a muffin top hanging over them. :laugh: I just got a Gazelle and I have bender ball and weights, all I need now is encouragment and more want to succeed at this I suppose? And perhaps its because I am not overweight, just need to lose a few and thats why I am not so strict about it? Does anyone else feel this way or have felt this way??

let me know

:heart: Danielle

Replies

• healthychic
    Options
    I have seriously not been on here for about 2 months. I was doing so good and was down to 134 lbs and feeling really healthy and eating healthy, but now I am back to 140 and eating junk almost every day. I don't know why I can't stick with this. I really want to, but don't know what I am doing wrong. I mainly want to be healthier and feel better but I also have a serious belly pouch going on that I would love to get rid of. None of my jeans are fitting, and the ones that do fit I have a muffin top hanging over them. :laugh: I just got a Gazelle and I have bender ball and weights, all I need now is encouragment and more want to succeed at this I suppose? And perhaps its because I am not overweight, just need to lose a few and thats why I am not so strict about it? Does anyone else feel this way or have felt this way??

let me know

:heart: Danielle
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Ditch the scales if you are doing this just to lose the belly. Measure yourself now, and begin doing cardio. Cut back the treats to one less than 100 calorie treat per day. In three weeks, measure again. Any loss will be encouraging. If it's the belly pouch, it's cardio. So, walk, run, hike, swim, play tennis, get on the gazelle, pace, fidget (science has proven people who fidget have a faster metabolism), do any kind of cardio that pleases you. And hop to it. You are young, so get fit while it is still easy.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    And perhaps its because I am not overweight, just need to lose a few and thats why I am not so strict about it? Does anyone else feel this way or have felt this way??

You're describing my problem. My frustration is that I let the weight creep on. I'm still in the "healthy" range, but everything is getting a little tighter and I need to learn self-control as it gets harder to lose weight as the years increase.

I even set goals for myself, and somehow fail them terribly.

But this site is great. My goal now is to lose 15 lb (but I'll be happy with 10 lb) by my next birthdate in November. The challenges (biggest loser challenge for example) and the encouraging posts of everyone who is succeeding, and even the ones of people who are frustrated and just like me, are a HUGE help.

So stick with it. Makes friends on here which will make you keep coming back for more :)