Hi everyone! Quick question

Options
Hey everyone!
I initially started at 382lbs, now down to 324lbs, been pushin myself pretty hard so far, but,

I had a bit of an incident.
Tuesday I pushed myself a little hard jogging on the treadmill, and come Weds, my legs were really weak and sore. I decided to still go to martial arts anyway and push myself a little more, figured "Ah, what the hell, I can take it!". So, middle of class my legs buckled underneath me, opted to sit out for awhile and spent the rest of the class hobbling along.

Question is,
Anyone have any tips or advice on recoving or healing muscles faster? I love seeing how much i can do, but kinda hate being out of commission the next day.

Thanks!
Chucker

Replies

• Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Do you drink protein shakes after you work out? The extra protein will aid in muscle repair.
  • miss_little_me
    Options
    Make sure before and after you run to stretch for at least 5 minutes. It really loosens them up, and actually helps build more muscle, which makes you burn fat faster. Good luck!
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    There are 3 different things that I do. Either an ice bath (it works!), a hot bath with epsom salt, or I use a foam roll at the gym. This is used anywhere on your body, and helps break up the latic acid that collects when you workout so hard. My trainer showed me how to use it, and it cut my recovery time in half. They are available on the internet. I hope you are taking at least one day off every 3-4 days. I always felt guilty about those days of rest, but my body responded to it.
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    Epson salt bath. You can even buy scented, like lavender. I get mine from Dollar Tree cause its a buck for a bag that is enough for one bath.
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well, I'd use heat therapy (Hot bath as recomended above) and a lot of protein powder( only about 25 grams not soonrer than two hours apart that's all the body can consume and then bannans for the potassium.(Potassium helps in healing) along wiht vitamin C.

I hate to say it though, some rest! NFL players would be doing whatever it took ifthere was a clear cut cure.

Good luck!
  • chuku1981
    chuku1981 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Never thought of protein and potassium. Thanks all. :)