Runners Club - 9/6

Options
Good Morning Everyone!!!

THANK YOU HANNA for a very humid, muggy, wet run this morning!! I got out early before it started really coming down and got in 7 good miles. My Nike + was working right so I was distracted by that the whole time!! :grumble:

I hope all our North Carolina Friends weathered the storm safely.

Hope everyone on the upper east coast stays dry today.

Everyone else - Happy Saturday! Keep Moving!!

Tricia :flowerforyou:

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!

THANK YOU HANNA for a very humid, muggy, wet run this morning!! I got out early before it started really coming down and got in 7 good miles. My Nike + was working right so I was distracted by that the whole time!! :grumble:

I hope all our North Carolina Friends weathered the storm safely.

Hope everyone on the upper east coast stays dry today.

Everyone else - Happy Saturday! Keep Moving!!

Tricia :flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your weather. Do you want to come to SD to run? It's awesome out there - low 60's, no wind. I was actually chilly for a while.

I got 4.5 in this morning. I have my half marathon tomorrow and I have a chest cold so I wanted to see how it'd go running that far tomorrow. Hopefully, I'm on the end of the cold!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Sorry about your weather. Do you want to come to SD to run? It's awesome out there - low 60's, no wind. I was actually chilly for a while.

I got 4.5 in this morning. I have my half marathon tomorrow and I have a chest cold so I wanted to see how it'd go running that far tomorrow. Hopefully, I'm on the end of the cold!

*packs bags and runs to airport to board next plane to SD*

I am on my way!!! Put the G2's on ice!! :laugh:

Oh and btw - just did mapmyrun - I ran 9 miles not 7!!! Nice mistake!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Root canal is over and I feel perfectly fine, tg, so I put in 4 miles today!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    lovely little 4 plus mile run today in the 85% humidity. Hello sweat!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good morning runners....missed you the last couple days. I have been a bad girl.

Today I usually run a good run, but I didn't set my alarm and once again the coffee was ready and not me. Now way toooo hot.
    I was looking forward to it as I didn't run on Thursday
    and my stupid husband had to have a stupid birthday and the stupid neighbor had to make him a stupid cake (she takes cake classes) and so I have been unable to resist the stupid cake in the house the last two days.
    I originally was just going to have the one piece on his birthday. And then I tried to give the rest aways to my daughters friends to take home. You know they wouldn't take it???
    So every time I go in the kitchen I finger a bite. I have had at least two more peices now when you add it up.
    Good news though, in about an hour there wont be any left.
    Bad news, I will have finished it off.

German chocolate cake with the best coconut frosting ever with walnuts.Mmmmmm and I don't even like walnuts, but it is good on this.:sad: :sad:

I guess I better do the treadmill for about 2 hours.....and a bike ride.....and some other activity today.
    SM
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    and my stupid husband had to have a stupid birthday and the stupid neighbor had to make him a stupid cake (she takes cake classes) and so I have been unable to resist the stupid cake in the house the last two days.
    I guess I better do the treadmill for about 2 hours.....and a bike ride.....and some other activity today.
    SM

Stupid Cake!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Well at least you are aware of your sins!! Now get moving and burn those extra calories!! :wink:

thanks for the giggle this morning!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Good morning runners,
    I speed walked an hours today and even sneaked in some running intervals :happy: The knee is feeling better and more stable. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good running watch so that I can track my run/walk? I googled Timex but there are too many choices. Also I keep reading about the Heart monitors and it seems you can figure out your calories that way. Sorry I am technically challenged in the sports arena
    Thanks
    Bunny
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good day runners:

Just sitting here pouting, can't run yet, hip is really painful, not a dull ache anymore but sharp pain. GRRRR!

StrawberryMargarita: Well if it is any consolation, chocolate is good for you and walnuts have great omega 3, so....
    When we have cake for a birthday, after the occasion it is put in the downstairs fridge. Then you need to make a trip to cheat. More often it gets forgotten and then thrown out. Problem solved!

Have a great time all

Carol
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Good day runners:

Just sitting here pouting, can't run yet, hip is really painful, not a dull ache anymore but sharp pain. GRRRR!

StrawberryMargarita: Well if it is any consolation, chocolate is good for you and walnuts have great omega 3, so....
    When we have cake for a birthday, after the occasion it is put in the downstairs fridge. Then you need to make a trip to cheat. More often it gets forgotten and then thrown out. Problem solved!

Have a great time all

Carol

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say chocolate is GOOD for you. I'd say that dark chocolate has lots of antioxidents, but it's still high in sugar and saturated fat. In small amounts it's not really BAD for you, but that's about as far as I'd go with that. :tongue:
    (or maybe that post was just sarcasm and I'm slow today, that could be!)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Good day runners:

Have a great time all

Carol

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say chocolate is GOOD for you. I'd say that dark chocolate has lots of antioxidents, but it's still high in sugar and saturated fat. In small amounts it's not really BAD for you, but that's about as far as I'd go with that. :tongue:

Banks you party pooper! He is right though. A portion of chocolate with healthy benefits is about one ounce of dark chocolate (60% cocoa or higher) and to get the most antioxidant boost out of the cocoa phenols, NO MILK along with that chocolate. Best health benefit is lower blood pressure and a good fight towards heart disease.

That being said, have your cake! Have one small piece, get all that yummy flavor you are drooling over and for gosh sakes..ENJOY LIFE! Trying to lose weight and get healthier doesn't limit your life to flavorless foods or worse yet, lame substitutions for tasty food. Oh, and no cake tomorrow :wink:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Good day runners:

Have a great time all

Carol

Banks you party pooper! He is right though. A portion of chocolate with healthy benefits is about one ounce of dark chocolate (60% cocoa or higher) and to get the most antioxidant boost out of the cocoa phenols, NO MILK along with that chocolate. Best health benefit is lower blood pressure and a good fight towards heart disease.

That being said, have your cake! Have one small piece, get all that yummy flavor you are drooling over and for gosh sakes..ENJOY LIFE! Trying to lose weight and get healthier doesn't limit your life to flavorless foods or worse yet, lame substitutions for tasty food. Oh, and no cake tomorrow :wink:

Here ya go -- chocolate is good for my soul and I imagine others too. That piece of indulgence is enough for me to momentarily say -- ahhhhh, yes that is good!! haha.

Rest day for me folks!! 6.5 tomorrow:noway: yeah, we'll see -- slaying the treadmill dragon.