Becomming a Gym-A-Holic

Options
aflane
aflane Posts: 625 Member
For the past 4 months I've worked my way up to going to the gym 5 days a week, taking Friday and Sunday off, doing 60 mins of cardio and then 30-45 mins of weight lifting (alternating areas of concentration). Tonight I had about an hour to kill waiting for my manicure appointment, so where did I go.... to the gym for a 'quick' cardio session (45 min bike ride). All the while, I was eyeing the weights, trying to figure out if I had time to get a quick 15 mins of weightlifting in.

I may need a gym 'intervention'.

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!! I LOVE MY GYM WHEN I CAN GET THERE! AT TIMES I GO TWICE IN ONE DAY!!! :smile:
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing.......I go to the gym same days as you with Friday and Sunday off. But I fell like I need to be there to get to where I should be with this weight thing.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    That's excellent. And, congrats on the weight you've lost.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<< Gym rat here.! :flowerforyou:
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    no intervention needed, you are ding great.... actually i want your enthusiasm :) good job
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    At least you didn't waste your 1hr eating!!!!! Wish I could go to the gym more...Wish I could use the weight machines.....bad shoulder......May do it anyways.....Deal with the pain.......
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    To make it worse, one of the trainers saw me pedaling like a maniac (my normal bike attitude), and said to me.... "What are you doing here tonight? Isn't tomorrow your training session?" To which I replied, "Wellllll.... I had an hour to kill, and nothing to do. It was here or sitting in Starbucks, reading a book, but I don't really like their coffee."
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing.......I go to the gym same days as you with Friday and Sunday off. But I fell like I need to be there to get to where I should be with this weight thing.

Take the day off! According to my trainer we should take at least one day off to let our body rest and rejuvenate !
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think you're fantastic! Great choice! (and I don't like Starbucks coffee either :-O)
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Good job! I loooooooooooooove the gym!! I go to two gyms, I love it so much. I do Curves in the AM, and then another women's gym in the evening for cardio. Sometimes, I get a fast cardio in the late morning/early afternoon in addition. I just feel so good after I've done some cardio! :)
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I totally wish I had your motivation. I do love the gym when I get there, its just sometimes the struggle to make it lol.

iIgo at least 4 times a week though and tend to do 2x 1 hour classes twice a week so I suppose I don't do too badly.

There's nothing better than noticing the change in your body shape, whether the weight has gone or not. I was trying outfits on yesterday for a wedding and put my heels on and I can notice a huge difference in my legs. I got such a self confidence boost :happy:

Keep up the great work :heart:
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When I first got serious about getting fit I went to the gym 3x a week, for about one hour. Now I am up to 5 days a week and I use every bit of 2 hours. My dh has told me I am going to burn myself out with constantly watching my diet and going to the gym so much, but I disagree. It is what is right for me at this time... If I feel sore I listen to my body and take a break...

I say there are definitely worse things to be addicted to!