First day and know I need support

Options
I am almost 48 years old and overweight since being on antidepressants 8 years ago. Before that I was always quite thin. The weight was so depressing, the meds really did more harm than good. I've been off for six years and finally realizing my metabolism has changed forever, and my lifestyle has to change or I will never lose the weight! So here I go - paying attention to what goes in my mouth and what my activity level is throughout the day is a new thing for me. I am looking forward to this, though, and will enjoy talking with others on the same journey.

Replies

• Tacosmamma
    Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This site is great. My mom and I are doing it together and we have both lost weight. I added the app to my phone which makes it soooo easy to use! One day at a time, one pound at a time!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello And WELCOME to MFP!! It probably won't be an easy trip, but your MFP Friends will be there to walk it with you.
  • Bourgeoisqueen
    Bourgeoisqueen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd day and I need all the support I can get..I need a partner to help me through this journey.

7774110.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • vampygurrul
    Options
    I find this site extremely helpful and I think you will too. Actually seeing what we're eating and being accountable to ourselves is a great tool and motivator.. Good Luck to you!!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My mom and I both went through the same thing with antidepressants and she lost 50+ lbs. I'm just starting out, but MFP makes it so easy to stick to. Plus, it gives you calorie goals assuming you don't do any exercise so if you're too busy to work out but you hit your calorie goal, you'll still be fine. Good luck!
  • clbonner1
    clbonner1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started on anti depressants for the treatment of Migraines in December of last year. I too have gained weight, although I am already 45 lbs overweight. I love myfitness pal. I can't believe how large the database is! I have found it very easy to use, and easier for me than counting weight watcher points. I like being able to see at the end of the day how I did in all areas (calories, fats, sugar, etc, so that I can determine where I need to make adjustments. Take care and best of luck to you!
  • new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I hope you find the support you need here at MFP like I have. Add me if you would like another friend. My dad faces the same struggle with his meds though he isnt off everything yet so I know what you have gone through!