Weekend splurges

Options
I have noticed on weekends I tend to fall off track a bit and splurge on food a little! For instance tonight I made my kids a digorno pizza for dinner instead of cooking a healthy meal, and of course i had to eat it too! I still did a workout today, and ended up being under my calories as I always am, but only because of the workout. Had I not done a workout I would have been over. Am I the only one that has this problem? I know they say to allow yourself to splurge once in a while, but for me it seems to be every weekend!

Replies

• frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem. I often will do it on purpose on the weekends... just because I think it keeps your body guessing and your metabolism going. I have had success taking off at least one of the two weekend days from dieting.
  • Bourgeoisqueen
    Bourgeoisqueen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All I can say ladies is I am learning so much from you guys...I am starting to learn more about what my body needs and how to keep my metabolism going.....thank you
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I dont think its a problem...... this is your journey to weight loss so do what works for you. Dont let anyone tell you that you should not have had a slice tonight. As long as you are happy with your progress then if you want a slice of pizza, then go for it. Having said that, I hope you didnt have 5 slices! lol

I travel a lot and am actually a lot better when I am away from home and my favorite restaurants. Thursday nights are "pint nights" at our local pub... the wife and I know that thursday nights, we are having a few beers and some form of bad food. We dont eat all the really bad appetizers anymore, we try to make somewhat of a healthier choice, but I can promise you, I am NOT having a salad with my beers!

So, no, I dont think this is a problem AT ALL! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Thanks all! That makes me feel a little better! And no, I didn't have 5 slices!! I cut it into 6 slices and had one since that is the serving size!