Which heart rate monitor- UK

Options
Hi,

Thinking of getting a heart rate monitor that will also show calories burned so that I can accuratley figure out what I have done while excersising.
I live in the UK and would love some recommendations................................

Thanks everyone

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and got a Polar FT7 from amazon.co.uk and it's fab. Really recommend it.
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4 I bought it this year from amazon and at the time it was the cheapest polar Hrm that counted calories it does everything you need and is very easy to use, it tells you when your in your target heart rate zones. The ft7 is the next model up and the only real difference is the ability to transfer your data to a computer but you have to buy a device to do this so for me wasn't worth the extra expense, It also tells you when your in your fat burning zone. Either of these two models are probably your best bet and definitely seem to be the most popular, either way make sure you purchase one with a chest strap.

Hope that helps
    Katy
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have an F6.. i got it off ebay for £13 a couple of weeks ago and i am completely in love with it!
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I just got one from Lloyd's Pharmacy the other day, after a helpful lady on here linked me to it. £12.99 and SEEMS to work just fine :D
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Like neonpink. I have the Polar FT4 and I love it. It does everything I need and want it to.
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi again,

Thanks for the responses - very useful.
    Do you wear the HRM on your wrist like a watch? Or a strap around chest? Looked on amazon but its not clear (sorry just thought I would ask the people that use it).
    :bigsmile:
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You wear both. The strap records your heart rate the watch displays the data.

I didn't bother with the computer transfer thing and I tend just to manually input the data, my hubby bought it for me as a gift.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I just got the Polar F4 today from Argos for £69.99

I was working so I used it to see how many calories I burned, which it did!

Can't wait to use it 2mo at the gym to compare it to the gym equipment readings
  • VickyT1978
    VickyT1978 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Got my polar FT7 black and red today, really nice watch.

I got mine for £67 from Bournesports.com (UK), it was reduced from £93.50 and all four colours were the same price. Delivery was free and it took 4 days to arrive via royal mail.

I also looked at the FT4 but wasn't keen on either of the colours - cheapest I found that one was £54 or thereabouts on Amazon Market place.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4 I bought it this year from amazon and at the time it was the cheapest polar Hrm that counted calories
    Ditto to all that. £53.99 from Amazon, worth every penny. :)

The bronze (brown) one is the women's version, I've heard differing views about relative size, but both are pretty large and both models work for both men and women.
  • Margot18904
    Margot18904 Posts: 48
    Options
    I've just got a Kalenji CW 300 from Decathlon which calculates calories burnt and does the target zone for heart rate too. Only used it once so far but so far so good, it was only £24.99.
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your opinions everyone. Ordered the polar ft4 yesterday! Hope I like it!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your opinions everyone. Ordered the polar ft4 yesterday! Hope I like it!
    It comes with a cloth chest strap that you clip the transmitter to. Do ensure you rise it after every use as per the instructions and also wash it regularly, or it stops working as I found out, even after I'd only worn it for a short time around the house to test it.