Gaming while on the elliptical. (PSP/other)

Options
chuku1981
chuku1981 Posts: 34 Member
So, anyone else here play on the psp, or any other game system while doing some cardio? And if so whats your recommended game?

Personally I'm finding out that Patapon (or really any rhythm game) is pretty awesome while on the elliptical. I noticed your body starts moving to the beat as you play. :)

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Haha i do similar but different...
    I use the exercise bike, and pull it up next to the kitchen counter, and the plonk my laptop on the counter so that i can game on my laptop while exercising!
    lol!
    ^-^
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i have been known to play plants vs zombies while i exercise.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I think I would fall off the elliptical if I tried to do anything else. :laugh:
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think I am with deeharley I'd fall off!! Hand eye coordination mixed with foot coordination is too complex for my simple brain. lol
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I think I would fall off the elliptical if I tried to do anything else. :laugh:

Totally with you on that one! :drinker:
  • RyvreTam
    RyvreTam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a hard enough time with Patapon with out trying to move my legs! I'm forever changing my PSP games. Little Big Planet has been fairly consistent though. It's a great distraction from the monotony of working out.

Is that a Portal reference in your counter? Sly.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I envy all of you that can do this! If I could only learn to multi-task!
  • chuku1981
    Options
    lol, when it comes to the elliptical I'm fine, ya know, because your feet stay planted. But, man, I'm with ya when it comes to the treadmill, every time i try to play psp while using the treadmill I keep trying to walk off the side of it.

(and, yea to portal, just wish i could change the slider to Chell or something. and maybe a blue/orange portal on each side of the bar)
  • Carolimerose
    Options
    I have enough problems unscrewing the cap to my water bottle while on the elliptical!! Plus, my PSP is super old and I never use it. I feel bad, but I'll never ever get rid of it- it's the white Darth Vader one!
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    That would be impossible for me. What I do is watch movies or tv shows on Netflix with my iPhone :)
  • Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mario kart on the bike for me lol, though I'll happily play anything while on it, it surprised my trainer when he first found me gaming while doing cardio tho lol

Btw portal 2 - awesome, finished that and on to hyperdimension neptunia now ^_^
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have tried but I start to feel like I am getting motion sickness. I generally stick with watching TV and look away every minute or so.
  • RyvreTam
    Options
    I'll turn this into a gaming thread yet!

I love my fat PSP. As I've gotten more active, I really haven't played anything that much. Not such a bad thing, I suppose. I've recently had an mmo craving while the psn was down. Now

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
    Hoard
    The new Lego Star Wars
    Angry Birds
    Dissidia
    3rd Birthday looks cool, scary

I have lots of catching up to do!
  • Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My o/h will be helping make the lego games this year ^_^ (so proud of him) I can't wait for ocarina in 3d I never actually finished it on the game cube so this will be my redemption
  • chuku1981
    Options
    Yea, playing angry birds is a risky move when playing in public though. Lemme paint a picture,

sitting in a doctors office waiting room,
    last red bird, last pig,
    some falls on and around the pig but he lives,
    you forget where you are and yell "DAMMIT!"

and now eyes are on you and your wondering if you should lie and say "oh...um...I have tourettes..."
  • Jwls23
    Jwls23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I've played N64 while on the elliptical, but I found that I didn't get as good of a workout because I didn't push myself as hard. I could probably play GT5 in B-spec mode easily (you coach the computer on how to race). I used to have a stationary bike that I attached to a kitchen chair via a wire and used it as a recumbent bike while I "worked" on my laptop.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    i have been known to play plants vs zombies while i exercise.

LOVE THIS GAME!!!
  • RyvreTam
    Options
    Love Plants vs Zombies too!

I wanted to try to come up with a way to hook a stationary bike to a generator so any time I wanted to use my laptop, tv, or ps3, I had to charge it first. It's possible, I've done the research. Getting off the couch and turning off those devices is the hard part. Easier to just suck it up and exercise the old fashioned way.

Come on PSN store, I want to play inFamous!
  • chuku1981
    Options
    I've played N64 while on the elliptical, but I found that I didn't get as good of a workout because I didn't push myself as hard. I could probably play GT5 in B-spec mode easily (you coach the computer on how to race). I used to have a stationary bike that I attached to a kitchen chair via a wire and used it as a recumbent bike while I "worked" on my laptop.

Yea, only prob w/ b-spec mode is, like, after lvl 10 its kinda a matter of set it and forget it. The 24hr races in b-spec mode kinda sucked in the sense your out of a ps3 while it plays itself