Which JM DVD is your favorite?

Options
Currently I'm doing Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 pack. I'm on week 3 of Ripped in 30 and looking ahead to the next video purchase. So many people rave about 30 Day Shred. I've also heard good things about Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and isn't there also one with weights? Which do you like the best and why?

And if someone would like to suggest a different program, I'm all ears. I like the weights and am looking to get rid of the last 8 lbs and uncover my "hidden" muscles. :happy:

Replies

• 125spring
    125spring Posts: 10
    Options
    I only have one of her DVD's, it's No More Trouble Zones. I really like it, it uses weights and is 50 minutes. It has different circuits that seem to work every muscle group. I love it, but can't do it too frequently or it hurts my knee. I also have heard great things about the 30 day shred! amazon.com usually has good prices.
  • rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred!!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    DD, I thinkI've told you my thoughts on JM before, but if not here goes:
    I have BFBM and Shred. I like that shred is short and not-so sweet (cause it's HARD! hehe). But what I don't like is that you really have to stick to the plan of completing each level before moving on to the next, and I prefer to do different workouts throughout the week depending on my mood. I've had shred for 6 months-ish and haven't gotten to level 3 yet...

I love that BFBM has many circuits that you can mix and match, and it too is a really good hard workout. There are no weights in this DVD, but your muscles get just as fatigued as if you were doing workouts with weights. This one does not follow a regiment like 6 week 6 pack or ripped in 30

Right now BFBM is my preferred of the 2, but they are both really great, just offer different stuff
  • mykismitty
    mykismitty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have all three and love them! "No more trouble zones" is great for toning and the "30 day shred" is a shorter but more intense workout so I use it for days when I am short on time. I alternate between the 3 just so my body doesn't get to use to the workout.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS and No More Trouble Zones...anytime I've done the shred I've seen results, the problem is, like Olivia, I like to change things up, I get so bored doing the same thing and don't want to do it for 30 days...plus I've never made it to level 3 either and I've had the dvd for a couple of years. I know if I had stuck with it, I'd look and feel a lot more awesomer though, lol....I haven't attempted the other one but a couple of times...man she really kicks your butt!!!! But it works, I know that much....no other exercise gave me muscle tone like the 30 DS!!
  • alexwalper
    alexwalper Posts: 81
    Options
    I've only done 30DS (I have NMTZ waiting on my shelf), but I thought I'd weigh in a bit on it :).
    I tried to do the straight 30 days, and I hurt myself, so I started again, but got INSANELY bored of level 2... As I was complaining, my friend said, "Then shut up and do level 3." I started that, and I have liked it much more. I mix it in with other cardio, Zumba, etc.
    I do think the 30DS is really good, but I wouldn't be afraid to only stick it to the 30 day limit! Try them out, work your way through them at your own pace in conjunction with the rest :).

I also saw this Jillian Michaels workout plan posted on here... Forgive me, original poster, I only copied and pasted it, so I have no idea whose idea it was! Just know it's not mine :). They were saying it was the kick butt combo of the best of Jillian Michaels.. I'm sure you could even mix in Ripped too!

Day 1 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 2 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 4 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 6 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 7 - DAY OFF
    Day 8 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 9 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 10 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 11 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 12 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 14 - DAY OFF
    Day 15 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1/NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 16 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 18 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 AND 2
    Day 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 21 - DAY OFF
    Day 22 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2 AND 1
    Day 23 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 25 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES/30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 26 - DAY OFF
    Day 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES/30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM/NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2 AND LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like both the 30 day shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Both of those are excellent for shedding fat. 30DS includes weights but the other doesn't. I am not only working out for 20 minutes so if 30DS is a morning booster on the way to work cool but ensure you get 30 more minutes in on the elliptical or treadmill that day. I own No more trouble zones as well and I like that one. I still do 20 minutes of cardio that day or a 4 mile walk outside with the kids and hubby.
    These videos is what I was doing along with two weight training days before I started P90X. I just started this week officially cause I quit a few times it was so hard. Anyway I think I need that challenge now. Hope this helps any.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I only have one of her dvd's....I think it is the 30 day shred. I like Jackie Warner's circuit dvd way better!! It is 40 min and you get your heart rate up only working out with weights! I also am an Insanity and The Firm fan......The Firm mixes weights with cardio. I will do one of those one day, then Insanity the next....i also have a spin bike, so I mix up some spinning in there too......I only workout at home and love it. I have a huge variety of dvd's which is so important so you don't get bored.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    One previous poster gave you Jillian's 30-Day Slimdown workout. I also did that plan and really loved the variation! Right now I made up my own 9 week program that lets me do the Couch to 5K program every-other-day while working a JM DVD on the inbetween days. I have chosed to do DVD's with weights so that I'm not doing consecutive total cardio days.

I really like all her DVD's, but I'm ready to branch out to other things next. I might try Ripped in 30, but I also want to work my way up to some other things too. Thinking of trying Bodyrock at some point (tho I will be a way beginner there). I need something to keep me going through our LONG winters, lol, that won't bore me.

My favorite JM dvd's for the calorie burn are Shed it W/Weights level 2 and 6 week 6 pack level 2. I like BFBM, but that's all cardio with no weights. But I like the kick-boxing-type moves she throws in there. I really do love No More Trouble Zones, but I don't think that keeps my heart rate up as long as her other DVD's. The Shred is great too and I highly recommend that too. Each level has it's own points of intensity. Level one for me was more cardio, level 2 was more weights and level 3 was a good mix of both, in my opinion.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! I'm going to buy 30 day Shred and try that next. Just moved up to week 3 of Ripped in 30 and Ouch! My triceps and quads are getting a serious workout. I love that most of these DVD's have different workouts for each week to keep things interesting.