Help!! The dreaded plateau is here...

Options
So I have lost right around 40 pounds...and now the scale is STUCK at 233!! For the past two weeks, it's been plus or minus a pound, and I just can't seem to break through to the 20's!! It's getting frustrating...but I am not giving up- my jeans are looking too good these days ;) Since May, the weight has been steadily dropping off at around 1-2 pounds a week, and now nothing!! :angry:

I am keeping my calories right around 1700, and I do at least an hour of exercise (jogging, kickboxing, water aerobics, etc) a day, and it's definitely increased in caloric burn and I shake it up often enough for my body to not become too efficient, so I don't think that is a cause. According to myfitnesspal.com, the calories I am consuming should be leading to a loss of about 10 pounds in 5 weeks...but I haven't seen ANY loss in two! :frown:

Halp me!!

Replies

• butterfliblu
    butterfliblu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So I have lost right around 40 pounds...and now the scale is STUCK at 233!! For the past two weeks, it's been plus or minus a pound, and I just can't seem to break through to the 20's!! It's getting frustrating...but I am not giving up- my jeans are looking too good these days ;) Since May, the weight has been steadily dropping off at around 1-2 pounds a week, and now nothing!! :angry:

I am keeping my calories right around 1700, and I do at least an hour of exercise (jogging, kickboxing, water aerobics, etc) a day, and it's definitely increased in caloric burn and I shake it up often enough for my body to not become too efficient, so I don't think that is a cause. According to myfitnesspal.com, the calories I am consuming should be leading to a loss of about 10 pounds in 5 weeks...but I haven't seen ANY loss in two! :frown:

Halp me!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    First - be patient...you know from reading all these posts that it happens to all of us!!

everyones body reacts differently so you are going to have to experiment a little - but know that this too shall pass

Here are the easy things you can do to help yourself through this:
    1) zig zag your calories - if you don't know what this means please ask
    2) change up your exercise routine - don't do the same thing everyday - different intensity, etc. and add some strength training to your workouts - you only listed cardio
    3) be patient - don't weigh yourself everyday! I know its hard - but it is worth it! Trust me - I have been dealing with this since June!
    4) Apple Cider vinegar - organic (Braggs) with the mother - drink 1 tablespoon in a large glass of water each morning on an empty stomach.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • butterfliblu
    butterfliblu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas...I knew this day would come, I was just hoping it wouldn't happen :P Apple cider vinegar...hmm, sounds...tasty? LOL, well, if it works, I will try it!

Thanks!