Clogged ears when doing cardio

Options
Hi! I have an odd question..my ears sometimes get clogged (similar to water in your ear while swimming) when doing intense cardio. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Replies

• RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I can't really say that mine have been clogged but one thing with running (for me) is that my ears will do this weird trick and it sounds like I'm talking in a tunnel. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it but it only happens when I run and shortly after goes away!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'd bet on the side of it having something to do with the increased blood pressure when doing cardio.

And, as long as it isn't harmful, I'd be a little happy so I don't hear the guys in the free weights showing off who have screaming orgasms when lifting.
  • pannacottayum
    pannacottayum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes! i told my ENT and he thought i was stupid :) i've read some on the internets about it. it has to do with eustachian tube collapse or something. i was getting it while strength training or after heavy cardio. It eventually stopped happening, i assumed due to better fitness?
  • ahkunkel
    ahkunkel Posts: 68
    Options
    Mine get like that when I have headphones in while doing cardio. I just use a Qtip and clean them out and they go back to normal. I think it is from the buildup of sweat.
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes...havent figured out why. It goes away after a few minutes so I never think twice about it. I would assume it has to do with my breathing pattern but not sure.