Jeckle and Hyde

Options
I enjoy eating healthy and putting together healthy, low calorie meals for myself. I do this even as my fiance eats whatever he wants. We eat separately usually because our tastes in food are completely opposite. I never find temptation to eat his high-calorie choices. (He is thin and doesnt worry about weight like I do.)

Now here's the problem.

My fiance and I like to go out for drinks on the weekend and go dancing. He likes to buy me all kinds of shots...and we know those are high in calories. For drinks I usually stick to vodka/cran/waters which is the lowest cal drink you can drink. BUT by the time I get home my guard is down and I want to INHALE chips, pizza, chocolate...anything I would NEVER think of eating usually. By the next day I am filled with so much guilt I want to cry. (oh but it was fun in the moment haha)

I suppose a simple solution to this would be not to go drinking but my fiance and i have such a good time together I really don't think I could give that up. I just don't know what to do. (sigh)

Replies

• j0yride
    Options
    I enjoy eating healthy and putting together healthy, low calorie meals for myself. I do this even as my fiance eats whatever he wants. We eat separately usually because our tastes in food are completely opposite. I never find temptation to eat his high-calorie choices. (He is thin and doesnt worry about weight like I do.)

Now here's the problem.

My fiance and I like to go out for drinks on the weekend and go dancing. He likes to buy me all kinds of shots...and we know those are high in calories. For drinks I usually stick to vodka/cran/waters which is the lowest cal drink you can drink. BUT by the time I get home my guard is down and I want to INHALE chips, pizza, chocolate...anything I would NEVER think of eating usually. By the next day I am filled with so much guilt I want to cry. (oh but it was fun in the moment haha)

I suppose a simple solution to this would be not to go drinking but my fiance and i have such a good time together I really don't think I could give that up. I just don't know what to do. (sigh)
  • pecksun8
    Options
    Get rid of the junk in your house and get better quick foods to snack on.
  • PishPish97
    Options
    When I drink I feel the same way you do. Have you tried eating before you go out? I think having something solid to absorb the alcohol settles your stomach and your body is trying to tell you this. You could also try to keep healthier alternatives on hand if you don't want to eat before you go.
  • j0yride
    Options
    yeah there isnt much junk food around but there is a little cause like i said - my fiance likes it.

last night we ordered pizza. FORTUNATLY i ate one piece and a few wings then left it. I have eaten a half a pizza before, it was crazy. Eating like that can't look too lady-like.

actually i did think of eating a larger meal. which do you think would be most filling? like whole wheat pasta?
  • PishPish97
    Options
    Pasta is would feel you up...plus it's great comfort food!