Keeping track of food

cissy84
cissy84 Posts: 18
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
I posted the other day (yesterday?) about how I started working out last Friday. I burned off 2300 calories in a week, but wasn't really keeping track of the food I ate. I was being conscience of the food I ate though. In 1 week, I had only lost 0.1 pound. Thanks to the advice of people on here, I started keeping better track of my food intake and wow, I really didn't realize what or how much I was eating. I'm not an over-eater, I usually do the three meals a day thing, but the types of foods I ate and the portions of them I'm thinking are the culprit.

I feel hungry all the time though, but I assuming this is something that my body will adjust too? Anyway, keeping track of the food is easier than I though thanks to this site :smile: and I wanted to thank everyone again for your advice and support!

Any ideas on how to keep myself from not feeling too hungry? I know I should be eating 6 small meals a day, or at least eating 3 with small healthy snacks in between, but because I was used to eating bigger portions, my belly is constantly rumbling.

Replies

• art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    I drink lots of water. I even have been drinking less coffee by drinking hot water with lemon or orange slices. I also chew a lot of gum (that is probably not so good though).

Keep it up though, your body will become accustomed to the lower calorie intake. I was the same as you when I first started journaling my food, but now there are days where I struggle to reach my calories for the day. I have only been doing this for a few weeks, so there is hope.
  • cissy84
    cissy84 Posts: 18
    Thanks! Yeah, I've been doing much better with my water intake. I used to struggle to get just 3 glasses a day in, and now I find no problem getting 8, and I know I should probably drink a little more. I'm also surprised I'm not giving into my hunger, but I'm proud of myself for having the restraint. I'm sure I'll get used to it after a week or so though :smile:
This discussion has been closed.