Turbo Fire Pain :(

Options
romiga
romiga Posts: 44 Member
To my TF peeps and any1else that know about knee pains: in the beginning did you experience any knee pains? My right knee is giving me problems but only close to the end of my workouts (been doing TF about 2 weeks now). I know Charlene says to pivot and I'm trying but I still get the pain. I've even taken extra rest days to help.... I don't want to stop my workouts but I also don't want to f-up my knees...any suggestions? Preferably ones where I do NOT have to give up TF...thanks <3

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    make sure your form is correct and that when you're squatting or lunging etc that your knees are on top of your ankles & not pushed further forward. Also if you're having problems with the plyometrics, try doing the low impact version instead (doesn't mean lower INTENSITY, just lower impact).

Ice your knees after a workout & ibuprofen.
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bummer :frown: i get soar shins...
    Heres a bump!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    In addition to Turbo Fire do some exercises to help strengthen the muscles that support the knee. Squats, leg extensions, etc. I had trouble with my knees doing plyos in P90X in the beginning, but as my leg muscles have been getting stronger, the pain has been going away. I still have a slight pain but can push through it without being uncomfortable. Best of luck!

Oh, and I agree with icing them.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    make sure your form is correct and that when you're squatting or lunging etc that your knees are on top of your ankles & not pushed further forward. Also if you're having problems with the plyometrics, try doing the low impact version instead (doesn't mean lower INTENSITY, just lower impact).

Ice your knees after a workout & ibuprofen.

Absolutely agree with this. :) I have an aggravated foot (old stress fracture) and elbow from doing inferno this past week, and modifying- combined with rest, ice, and Advil have helped.