TOM experiment & preliminary results

Options

Replies

• Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You story is just like mine...I feel as if I lose weight just to gain it all and some during TOM and lose it after TOM....and in the end of the month I'`m losing and gaining the same 5 freaking pounds....my weightloss has been very slow and I'm wondering if I have a similar problem.....Dang!!!

Your blog was such an eye opener for me...I dotn have a body bugg though but maybe I do need to up my calorie intake during that time and see....if it works for me...

I'm glad its working for you...thats so awesome :flowerforyou:
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    Gotta bump this so I can read it more closely later!
  • 1erica60
    1erica60 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    AWESOME experiment!!!! Thank you for shedding light on this annoying mystery for me!:flowerforyou: May be on the right track if I can make my body be happy with healthy foods instead of the chocolate it craves!! :frown:
  • 1erica60
    1erica60 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on a consistent weight loss everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I just could NEVER figure out why I got so crazy hungry 7-10 days before TOM begins. Maybe I should be eating more calories after all....
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    To the OP, this is me to a T. Except I'm still about 40lbs away from goal. But I'm extremely active, and have lost over 100 lbs, and in the past 6 months, NOTHING. And it all seems to revolve around tom. Then, I started having mini toms every week!

Shrug

So I am at maintenance now, trying to hit reset, and I am going to remember this for next month. I think what I've inadvertantly been doing is starving myself on a reg. basis, and when tom rolled around, my system went into shock! Then it would take at least 3 weeks to recover, and BAM! there it is again!

Thank you so much for sharing, and keep up posted on your findings!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Bump! So I can read this over and over later :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've been trying this experiment and its working so far...I lost 1 lbs the week before TOM; gained 1 pound by the time it started and lost 1.5 lbs by the time it ended....and that has never ever happened before...I usually take a week or two after TOM to lose all the bloating which is usually in the range of 2- 5 lbs....I will try it again next month just in case this was a fluke....

I will say that eating more calories the week before TOM really helped to control those cravings so I really didnt eat anything crazy like I usually do... Thanks a million for sharing
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I've been trying this experiment and its working so far...I lost 1 lbs the week before TOM; gained 1 pound by the time it started and lost 1.5 lbs by the time it ended....and that has never ever happened before...I usually take a week or two after TOM to lose all the bloating which is usually in the range of 2- 5 lbs....I will try it again next month just in case this was a fluke....

I will say that eating more calories the week before TOM really helped to control those cravings so I really didnt eat anything crazy like I usually do... Thanks a million for sharing

Whoo hoo! *crosses fingers for good results next cycle too!*
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump! so i can keep reading later...
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    3rd cycle... I was getting a little nervous about this one because I maintained or showed a slight gain over the two week luteal phase, BUT I also just started a new workout routine (link in sig) so it could have been glycogen storage in the muscles.

This morning was our weigh in for the NROWFIZS program and I was aiming for 1/2 lb per week this cycle, so slightly OVER calculated "maintenance" for two weeks. I lost 1.2 lbs, or 0.6 per week. *squeees* :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    WOW fabulous thread hun. I also seem to struggle with the same 5lb. gain it at TOM then spend the next 2 weeks getting it off and sometimes only 3lb of that goes then TOM is back again. Was really getting fed up as due again in 8 days so im deffo going to try this, fingers crossed.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    OMG i feel like such an idiot but when when are these phases? how do you know which phase you are in apart from the menstrual one? I am very interested in trying this as its exactly like me!!!
    I found a free app for my phone called WomanLog that tracks it all for me. There are lots of other ones out there too.

I downloaded womanlog and can't figure it out. :blushing: What do the symbols on the calendar mean?
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You. Rock. Definitely going to give this a try.
  • pickulz76
    pickulz76 Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks!
    Saving for later!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am going through this same problem!
  • tjandjmkahrs
    tjandjmkahrs Posts: 53 Member
    Options