Idiot Proof Diet

Options
Fatlorenzo
Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
Has anybody else tried the Idiot Proof Diet? I tried it in January and lost 15lb, but went back to bread, rice, pasta and sugars. I love carbs, but I love seeing the scales drop even more. Anybody got any experience with it?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I have the book, but having read the first half, I don't feel it is aimed at me at all. It is very effective for those who identify with it, though.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    from my understanding it still low carb
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    No nothing about it but since you've brought it to my attention think I will check it out. Thanks for the post...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to think that it is not fat that makes us fat-it is refined carbs. I am trying to eat more paleo/primal, which sounds similar-no grains and limited dairy,. I still can't imagine a life without pizza.
  • Fatlorenzo
    Options
    I am so tempted to just live on protein and fat for a few days, see if I have a significant drop. I keep dipping in and out of ketosis as it is, so I don't know if I need to torture myself with no bread... Might try it for 3 days, see how I feel!
  • Fatlorenzo
    Options
    I am so tempted to just live on protein and fat for a few days, see if I have a significant drop. I keep dipping in and out of ketosis as it is, so I don't know if I need to torture myself with no bread... Might try it for 3 days, see how I feel!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    you will lose weight initially because carbs make your body hold more water. Stick with whatever diet you can maintain is my advice.
  • Fatlorenzo
    Options
    Do you low carb chris?
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to think that it is not fat that makes us fat-it is refined carbs. I am trying to eat more paleo/primal, which sounds similar-no grains and limited dairy,. I still can't imagine a life without pizza.

one word.

MEATZA.

hehe
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Do you low carb chris?

depends on what you think low carb is I guess. I just make sure minimum 1g/lb bodyweight protein, aim for 35% fat (from good sources) and the rest is carbs. I carb cycle normally which means I have more carbs around workout time (which means more carbs for the day and more cals also) At the moment my diary is set to 30/35/35 C/F/P.

Have to remember the type of carbs obviously is very important. Here is a good article I read on that today :)http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_good_the_bad_and_the_assfattening_the_new_starchy_carb_food_pyramid
  • smcolton
    smcolton Posts: 78
    Options
    I thought the Idiot Proof Diet was - If it taste good, spit it out!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Calories make you fat.