Body shape/clothes - I think its getting worse before it wil

Options
So I've lost 20bs and have about 50 more to go. I went clothing shopping yesterday, and it was the first good look I have gotten of myself in a full length mirror with bright lighting since I started dieting. My upper abdomen is definitely down, my boobs are smaller, my hips are smaller, but my lower belly isn't. Or if it is, not by much. :P So by comparison, it looks bigger now - naked and clothed. Ugh. How depressing. First time I have walked out of a store with a smaller size clothng and felt worse about about it.

Replies

• PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any boobage yet but the way I'm losing weight makes me like a boa constrictor after a heavy meal of groundhog. My stomach isn't going anywhere : (
  • melon_e
    melon_e Posts: 58
    Options
    I am having clothing issues as well. I went from an extra large to a medium...and can NOT find anything that looks "right" on me. I keep trying things on, but I just feel odd in most things I try on. I miss my old clothes, but I do not miss the 30 lbs of fat that i've lost!! I try not to stress about it too much because I know i'm not done with my weight loss just yet, so I'll worry about my wardrobe after another 10 lbs when I meet my goal :)
  • Rebecca1025
    Rebecca1025 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finding clothes that fit my body is the worst. Especially when I am "between sizes" like right now. A 10 is tooooo small yet I feel that the 12's are loose and make me look frumpy. I have tried to be patient when shopping now. I have left a store with nothing, which is better than leaving with something that doesnt fit you right anyway. I have learned to try many different stores in order to find what really looks the best on my body type. Keep it up! We can all do this together!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    OMG I can totally relate to that!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have a slightly (ok more then slightly) Pouch belly, that actually does "hang down" a bit, mine basically deflated then started lifting, so where Im losing weight, and sizes in my upper waist, and my hips and back are going down, Im not losing sizes because my pouch lifts as I tone, creating a falsely larger belly

**Edit 54lbs down I went from a muffin-topped size 18 to a sometimes-loose 16 but not in a 14 yet**
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that my tummy has been disappearing the other day. I had taken a profile picture in a full-length mirror in January, and took another on Monday, The comparison was a surprise (see profile pic). But my boobs have barely changed. I could probably go with a smaller band size, but I still need the DD. That's not bad, until I lose more weight and end up looking like I've had a breast enlargement....
  • kryscas
    kryscas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean!
    I've lost 12 inches on my waist (47 to 35 now) and only 6 on my hips (53 to 46.5 now) which has caused my once much larger butt look ginormous in comparison! and my arms feel huge! weight loss is a funny thing! :)
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    I have the same problem. Do to surgery I also have no lower stomach muscle anymore since it had to be removed. Since spot reducing doesn't work I think it just takes a lot longer in that area. My doctor told me that women my age tend to hold body fat the longest in that area. Oh Joy! lol I have lost so much in my upper body, and hips but the tummy is still there. To find clothes to fit better I had to finally invest in those tummy control under garments. They have really helped my clothes fit better.