Working out with a kettlebell

Options
Does anyone get their exercise by working out with Kettlebells? I'm getting ready to start a 6 week program and was wondering if anyone else uses this form of exercise.

Replies

• GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I want too but haven't invested in it yet. I have a couple friends that use a kettleball and the are really fit. Go for it!
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have not, but I have read that they give a great workout. I guess it is because the weight is distributed differently than dumbbells and requires you to work harder. I would be interested in knowing how they work for you.
    Good luck!
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do and they are a lot of fun. They are great, you can work up great cardio as well as weight training at the same time. I work them into my routines about once a month or so.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I do some kettlebells along with running, weights and other gym workouts. They are definitely a workout and be careful you don't over-do it at first. I did the entire Bob Harper kettlebells dvd and could hardly move for a few days. I keep them near my desk and try to do some swings most days. A great cardio and strength training workout.
  • phgk
    phgk Posts: 29
    Options
    I have them and just finished week 2. So far I love them and it is a lot of fun. I haven't lost a ton of weight, but have definitely noticed a difference in how my clothes fit.
  • RRGHudson
    RRGHudson Posts: 9
    Options
    Are you doing the kettleworx program?