When you cant afford a gym membership....

Options
2»

Replies

• twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    There's so many ways to get creative without using a gym! There is Netflix, You Tube (a ton of exercise routines there); DVD's; I have a step (body step is intensive - check it out on You Tube); a balance ball; stretch cords; hand weights; two kettlebells; and a treadmill - although now that it's spring, I'm walking outside. Then there's gardening, jogging, intense house work; etc etc...

You can do this!!!! and have fun!!!
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership! I have trails near my house that I run sometimes and I do videos at home. Right now I'm doing p90x and I got that cheap off of craigslist.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If you have some weights, bands and a jump rope, you have plenty to workout with. That is pretty much all you need for something like p90x or some other programs. I think you dont even need weights for insanity, but I may be wrong on that. The only other equipment I have for p90x is an exercise mat and a pull up bar. There is no need for a gym membership. I get a much better workout when all I have to do is go to the basement, rather than packing all my stuff up and driving somewhere...
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You have everything you need. Gym's are soooooooooooooo overrated! I'm losing weight at home with no bulky equipment. I use DVD's (p90x is BRUTAL) hand weights, resistance bands or just the good ole outdoors, walk, run, jog whatever! The key is to get 60 minutes of heart pumping activity in a day. Good Luck!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Who needs a gym?

I have lost 25 pounds using the Wii (Wii Fit / Zumba (LOVE that one!) and now EA Sports Plus -- but my biggest workout? Mowing the Lawn! Yep! Who knew that a lawn mower could be a girl's best friend? This is the only workout where I can burn > 1000 calories.
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    I hate the gym. I do Firm DVDs and run - even in the rain or the hot weather we had today here in Florida. I've lost 30 lbs since the first of the year just doing that and counting my calories via MFP. I don't think you need the gym at all. You can get cheap dvds on ebay if you want more variety in your workouts!