Weekly Weigh-in: Dec 17-Dec 23

Options
Hello Everyone! Sorry about the lateness of this post. Our internet went down at home and I've been very busy at work. Christmas is so close I can almost touch it. That's because there are Christmas cookies and goodies everywhere here at work.

Perhaps you've noticed that I haven't been posting my weight's lately. That's because I really haven't been that strict. I decided to start posting my weight again since I've for the past 7 days I've been keeping close watch on everything.

Gained: 2 lbs (ouch)

Current weight: 140.6

Replies

• Alaskanhiker
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Sorry about the lateness of this post. Our internet went down at home and I've been very busy at work. Christmas is so close I can almost touch it. That's because there are Christmas cookies and goodies everywhere here at work.

Perhaps you've noticed that I haven't been posting my weight's lately. That's because I really haven't been that strict. I decided to start posting my weight again since I've for the past 7 days I've been keeping close watch on everything.

Gained: 2 lbs (ouch)

Current weight: 140.6
  • ntumparov
    Options
    :smile: I`am also having a rough time,cant lose.but,stying the same.Alwaysw think of your goal and how great it`s going to be to achieve it.Keep pushing,1 foot in font of the other.Believe in yourself.Your friend Nickt.
  • loman13
    Options
    Started 11/26/07 @ 180
    Currently @ 165
    Goal- 155

I have never went over my 1200 calories a day and I exercise 30 minutes a day/5 days a week.
  • Alaskanhiker
    Options
    Thanks Nickt! It always takes me a while to get in a routine. I'll get there.
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time, I seem to be staying in my caloric intake and making healthy choices and keeping up with my exercise but I keep staying between 155ish and 158ish. I cant seem to get away from it. So really from last weigh in I have gained 2 lbs and it is so hard to see that happen when I work so hard. Hopefully next week will be better!!!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    If you are stuck, don't forget to redo your goals. My target calories seem to go down by 10 per pound.

Started 220 Oct 1
    Current 197.5
    Target 180 (at the moment)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yeah...this has also been a bad week for me! I also gained 2 pounds!!:sad: And I didn't really think that I had been eating badly. However, I suppose that by not keeping a careful watch on things, it can easily fall out of place! So, the past two days I have been extremely strict and have been working extra hard at the gym. I hope to lose a couple of pounds before the Christmas dinners I will be attending next Monday and Tuesday. One of my girlfriends and I have already planned on taking a couple classes at the gym on Christmas eve and the day after Christmas! So, hopefully that will help to keep our motivation up! I also just realized that it is now only 6 weeks until my friends wedding (in which I am the matron of honour) and therefore only 12 weeks until we go to Texas and Mexico for vacation! So, I need to get on the ball and work very hard until then! Here's the stats:
    Starting weight (Nov. 1): 183 pounds
    Current weight (this morning): 173 pounds
    So total lost: 10 pounds.
    The goal I had set for myself was to lost a total of 20 pounds before New Years. Honestly, I don't know if this is still realistic. But I would like to lose another 15 pounds before my friends wedding. That is six weeks. I know it's a tough goal, but I think I can do it. I'm starting to become addicted to the gym!:bigsmile: And I'd like to lose a total of 25 more pounds before I go on vacation (so 10 additional after the 15). This is what I'm setting for myself. And I've probably written more than anyone cares to read, but it makes me feel better to write it down!! Thanks for listening and good luck to everyone!

*Kistinbee*
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    I seem to be doing the same as you lose 2 gain 2 but iam not giving up there is always a new day but it is hard to see your goal at his rate
    baylou
  • babiecuddles
    babiecuddles Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Iv lost 25lb sence October 31
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am having a really hard time getting back into my routine after a 3 wk vacation (where I gained 3.5 lbs) mainly because I am so busy catching up on everything that I don't have time to workout. Fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I overate on vacation and just plain wasn't hungry most of last week which helped with a significant loss. Now I'm eating again and playing the calorie counting game. I'll be curious to see my weight after a regular week. And can I just say Thank Goodness for Christmas parties that include late night dancing! I think I worked off my scrumptious dinner in about an hour!

Start 11/2 - 182.5
    11/16 - 177.5
    3 week vacation
    12/10 - 181.0
    12/17 - 175.0
    6 month goal - 150
    9 month goal - 140
    12 month goal - 135??!! If only... that was my college weight:noway:
  • Alaskanhiker
    Options
    athomemommy, Kristinbee, baylou, ntumparov, and lizard:

Hang in there guys. This is definitely a time year where we all get busy and it's tough to keep track of what we are eating. I started to keep track of the calories even for my worst days, and it motivates me to look at my report and go "Wow, look at how much I ate on Saturday." It's so visual. I think I look at my calorie report everyday now and it motivates me to see a steady graph line.

Babiecuddles, Razboo, loman13: Congrats on keeping it together so close to the holidays! You give me incentive!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at 150.5 and have been for about a month. I haven't been trying very hard, but I've stepped it up a notch this week. My hubby gave me a pep talk so I'm encouraged to keep at it. :smile: Hopefully next week I will have lost some, or at least be the same. I know I won't be able to turn down all the sweets!
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Yeah! I found the weekly weigh in posts...
    Starting weight 166
    Current weight 144
    Goal weight 115
    Held steady this week
    Wasn't a great week....
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    Start: 210
    Current: 199 !!!!!!!!!
    My first goal was to be under 200 before Christmas, and I made it, a week early!!
    My overall goal is around 140, I'm thinking by mid-summer.
    I just need to look at the calendar and set my next (realistic) short term goal.
    AND, I need to get a bit more strict again about watching the calories and especially about the exercising (which I've done very little to none in the past week or so... :ohwell: )

Happy Holidays everyone... hope you're having a great week. :flowerforyou:
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Start: 210
    Current: 199 !!!!!!!!!
    My first goal was to be under 200 before Christmas, and I made it, a week early!!
    My overall goal is around 140, I'm thinking by mid-summer.
    I just need to look at the calendar and set my next (realistic) short term goal.
    AND, I need to get a bit more strict again about watching the calories and especially about the exercising (which I've done very little to none in the past week or so... :ohwell: )

Happy Holidays everyone... hope you're having a great week. :flowerforyou:

Good for you!!! You reached your Christmas goal and early too!!!! Way to go!
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring to read! Most people who post seem to have started in late October or early November. That is not very long ago considering I've been fighting my weight for 8 years now. Most or all of you have lost a significant amount of weight in a relatively short amount of time. Congrats! I'll join you...

Starting 12/12/07 186
    Current 12/20/07 184

:happy: Lacey
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've learned that if I get stuck and can't seem to lose weight even if I'm still doing everything right, that changing up my exercise routine helps. I don't even have to change intensity or anything, just try something different.
  • ticklemeforever
    Options
    i havent lost any weight yet =( i think its because i started yesterday hahahaha. :laugh: im so excited and happy for all of you who lost weight. congrats!!:flowerforyou: keep it going! lets get healthy.
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    Good for you!!! You reached your Christmas goal and early too!!!! Way to go!

Thank you! :bigsmile: