Bread Questions

Options
2»

Replies

• cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I eat Ezekiel bread. It's made from sprouted whole grains (extra nutrition!) and about 80 calories per slice.
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Be careful. A lot of the rye bread is not whole grain. A lot of multi grain bread is not whole grain. A lot of wheat bread is not 100% whole grain. If I buy bread, I make sure I look for 100% whole grain. 100%. Just because it's brown and has grainy looking stuff on the top does not mean that it's all whole grain.

Agree completely!! And, unfortunately even the whole grain breads have preservatives (lot of them anyway)...so back to zero, effectively. I love the bread I make with whole wheat flour and oatmeal.

Can you share your recipe? I LOVE to make bread for our family, but I'm not finding any good recipes that are lo cal, low fat, and low carb.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I like the Ezekiel 4:9 breads or any sprouted grain bread. They are gluten free and a much better protein than the flour based breads.

I have several immediate family members with celiac disease, and wanted to point out that not all Ezekiel breads are gluten free. While they do have some gluten free products, most of their line DOES have gluten.
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like bread BUT I don't like the calories. I use Sara Lee 45 calories & delight...2 splices = 90 calories with 160 mg sodium. I need my sandwich with 2 pieces of bread so I feel like I am eating alot. It comes in 100% Multi-Grain and 100% Whole Wheat.
    The other one is Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat with 50 calories per slice..2 slices + 100 calories with 115 mg sodium. This one is found in Texas but it is not in CA where I am from. Hope this helps. Good Luck!