Turning a new leaf...

Options
Hi, my name's Jessica. I just joined a few days ago at the urging from my sister. She's just joined as well and "encouraged" me to join her so she would have someone to do this with. I'm a bit of a nosher and am most definitely an emotional eater. When I start feeling depressed or negatively emotional, I tend to end up at the supermarket or nearest 7-11 and buy Ben&Jerry's Chunky Monkey or Late Night Snack; as well as Uta's chips and chocolate bars. I've recently come to realize that what I've been doing is just causing myself harm. So I've decided to turn over a new leaf.

Here's to finding similar minded people who are willing to support each other.

Replies

• TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You've definitely come to the right place for support and encouragement. We're all on the same journey :-) Good luck!!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You can do this, sis!! We both can!
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. It is hard to diet, coming from being a student myself. But it gets better in time and trust me in time you will be saying "ewww junk food." I found myself saying just that last week. lol.
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a journey that is best taken with friends. Best of luck to you!
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica! Welcome from another newbie. I really like the site and I think you will too. I'll send you a friend request. Best of success! Yvonne
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica. I need support too and would be happy to have you as a friend on here :0)
  • Emmalicious69
    Options
    I am the same as you, I am an emotional eater... all the bad foods are so yummy... :( sucks. Hopefully we can both lose weight :)