One Year Today!

Options
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share what a difference one year can make!!

One year ago today, I stepped on the scale and saw 270.

I am down about 110 lbs now and my goal weight is within reach!

I didn't suffer. I didn't starve. I enjoyed holidays and special occasions. I didn't stress out. I ate great-tasting foods. I learned to love exercise. I have seen my clothes get looser and looser and bought smaller and smaller sizes.

I am TRULY amazed at what I have accomplished. It was a very daunting thought to lose the amount of weight I had to lose. I started out taking it a week at a time and it has taken a year! But, it would have been A LOT worse had this year passed and I stayed the same as I was or even gained more.

My point is...even if you have a lot of weight to lose...it CAN be done! If you have a little bit of weight to lose.......it CAN be done.

Take care! :bigsmile:
-Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share what a difference one year can make!!

One year ago today, I stepped on the scale and saw 270.

I am down about 110 lbs now and my goal weight is within reach!

I didn't suffer. I didn't starve. I enjoyed holidays and special occasions. I didn't stress out. I ate great-tasting foods. I learned to love exercise. I have seen my clothes get looser and looser and bought smaller and smaller sizes.

I am TRULY amazed at what I have accomplished. It was a very daunting thought to lose the amount of weight I had to lose. I started out taking it a week at a time and it has taken a year! But, it would have been A LOT worse had this year passed and I stayed the same as I was or even gained more.

My point is...even if you have a lot of weight to lose...it CAN be done! If you have a little bit of weight to lose.......it CAN be done.

Take care! :bigsmile:
    -Tami
  • girldeese
    Options
    Congrats!!:drinker: You have done a Super Teriffic job!!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    you soooo rock tami!!!!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tami!!!
    You're doing awesome, and you look great!!! :drinker:

I bet you feel 100% better than you did last year.

Keep up the GREAT work.
    I'm so proud of you. :flowerforyou:

Shari :glasses:
  • alisha123
    Options
    Congratulations, you really are an inspiration!
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome!! You are an inspiration to all of us!! 110 pounds lost in a year is a wonderful accomplishment! Congrats again! We will all do the wave for you!

happy110.gif
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tami!!!

Keep up the GREAT work.

speaking of remembering .... do you remember how you felt at 270 Tami? like physically? .... gawd i sooo dont want to forget what i felt like at 270:indifferent: remembering keeps me going forward with this weight loss journey!!!
  • kallio
    Options
    Congrats! You are an inspiration to us all. Now- how did ya do it? Exercise, of course. But what about eating habits? Did you follow the calories needed according to this site? I am having no luck after weeks of diet and exercise. Maybe you can give some pointers?

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Congrats Tami!!!

Keep up the GREAT work.

speaking of remembering .... do you remember how you felt at 270 Tami? like physically? .... gawd i sooo dont want to forget what i felt like at 270:indifferent: remembering keeps me going forward with this weight loss journey!!!
    Oh yeah! I definitely remember being out of breath walking up a few steps, hating the way I looked in clothes, not being able to find anything I liked, I remember just feeling hot all the time and uncomfortable. Luckily my blood pressure has always been low..but my resting heart rate has gone from like 89 to 60! That is insane!! I am sure my heart thanks me!! :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Congrats! You are an inspiration to us all. Now- how did ya do it? Exercise, of course. But what about eating habits? Did you follow the calories needed according to this site? I am having no luck after weeks of diet and exercise. Maybe you can give some pointers?

:drinker: :bigsmile:
    Well, I kind of did my own things and changed things up to suit MY body. I was doing ediets before I joined MFP and it gave me a meal plan set around a certain amount of calories. I never followed the meal plan but just used the calories given to me as a guideline and the nutrition tracker. That is when I searched the net and found MFP and joined in Feb.

Anyway, I was sort of going by what ediets gave me...and then started fiddling with the numbers here and there to find what worked for me. Weight loss is only scientific to a certain point but how YOUR body responds to things will be very different. As of right now, I eat 1400 cals on my non-workout days and the days I do workout ( I burn about 1100 cals), I eat at LEAST 1900 cals. I have slowly worked up to this.

When I first started out, I didn't exercise much and just lowered my cals. Of course I was quite heavier so the lbs melted off for a bit. As I have gotten lower and lower, I have added more and more exercise and tweaked my calories to keep my metabolism burning. That is what you have to do. I don't lower my cals to a dangerous level...I just up my exercise game a bit. BUT, I do have room to lower my cals some if need be! :wink:
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    excellent work! I'll bet you have more energy too. These days I'm always wanting a nap. :yawn:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!! What a huge accomplishment!!! Truly inspirational! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • jeanniemaries
    Options
    Since I started today and I see your success I may have to consider this a very good omen!
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    two thumbs up Tam. Big hugs to you!!
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    Tam-Tam I :heart: you
    congrats! you deserve everything that is great about this life!
  • BBCoachKel72
    BBCoachKel72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tami, you are truly AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL! :happy:
    Congrats on your journey! You inspire us all!
    Kel~ :flowerforyou:

p.s. do you have any before and current pics for us? :tongue:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Yes, congratulations!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: 110 lbs is VERY impressive, but more so, it is a testament to perseverance and ambition. When I think about how miniscule 15 lbs is in the grand scheme of things and how much 'lighter' I feel, that 110 lbs is monumental overall. :smooched: Sometimes, don't you wake up and think "This must be some kind of joke?" I know I do!

I wish and hope the remainder of your quest be as rewarding as the first part!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: hehe, touched me there! :) Should I have a slice of cake to celebrate with you :laugh: or best just drink a cup of watter for ya :drinker: ? :laugh:

I can only go with everyone else and say that thinking of you (not only how far you've come, but also of how dedicated you are to supporting everyone around you) brightens my day. Ah, Tam, how tall are ya? I admire the fact that you unraveled the real you, so to say (someone here said you're pretty - I think so too, and it shows best in the after pics :happy: ) As for the before & after pics, there are in some recent thread, cyclingdiva.

Well, :heart: ya Muah!
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Girl, you are an inspiration!:drinker:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    woo hoo