Replies

• flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Sophia Vergara!!!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Though I have to say, reading all those negative comments against muscular, non-curvy women makes me bummed. I will never look like any Kardashian, because I'm an endurance athlete, with broad shoulders, narrow hips and a lot of muscle. I have been that way since I can remember, and couldn't look squishy and womanly if I tried. Only time I ever looked squishy and semi-"feminine" was when I was pregnant, and that might not have counted as entirely feminine, either, since Buddha has the same belly.

Everyone has their shape, and they're all great shapes. But some of us really can't help not looking as squishy or "feminine" as other women. Doesn't make us defunct, abnormal, or not "real", just different.

Please, I can only speak for myself here...but don't misunderstand! It's not being muscular or large framed that makes certain 'overly muscular' women unattractive to me, personally. And, in reading through this thread I've actually learned that very, VERY few women look like those initial few pictures of Zuzanna all the time. Even Zuzanna tends to look smoother when not pumped up for photo shoots, if you know what I mean. Fit and healthy is attractive, muscular in a 'form follows function' manner is attractive. It's the 'woman body builder' thing, to provide an excessive example...that I find unattractive.

For example...same woman here:

13617d1241697000-jenny-lynn-jenny-lynn.jpg
    This, is attractive to me!

Jenny_Lynn-A199-med.jpg
    This, is not.

In the bottom picture she's cut down to stupid low body fat...specifically for competition. Same musculature, same frame...same person...but 10x less attractive to me.

Does that explain a little better?

No, your stance was fine! I actually appreciated the couple of posts where you explained that, because you actually did illustrate your point. And I agree with your stance, honestly. So thanks for that! :)

It was just someone saying something like "She's curvy, meaty, and REAL" that kinda got to me, since I hate when people use that word to describe a woman. Using that word choice implies that a woman with a more muscular upper body is somehow more manly and less real because of it. My sister, who is very slender naturally, has also gotten annoyed at that inference, since she naturally has no curves, but has a very hard time putting on muscle, so she's a bit of a stick. She's just as "real" of a woman as I am, even though she's skinny.

I think it's just the word choice, really, and people being disgusted or saying that Jessica Biel's shoulders are too manly. I've heard that and been like "Um, dude, my shoulders look like that!" Just an annoyance of mine. ;)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a picture for some motivation, but I can't seem to find the right lady. I am 5'9 and naturally muscular and broad across my shoulders..I'd like to see a pic of a woman with alot of arm definition and some, but not masses shoulder bulk? I know this isn't what many guys go for..my partner included but that is what *I'd* like to be so thats what I'm going for!! I swim alot so am already gaining alot of muscle in that area..and I think its sexy to be honest. I like it. I have very muscular legs with very little work, just walking and swimming!...i figure if my body is good at muscle why not just go with it?? I've been fat my entire adult life I'd love to see a ripped feminine woman standing in front of the mirror!!
    I don't meet/see alot of woman my shape so if anybody knows of any women that have this look+pull it off I'd love to see pics to get some inspiration!!

I googled 'female mma' and came up with these...I 'think' this is close to your description:

feliceherrigmma.jpg

ginacarano.jpg

kyragracie1ia1.jpg

Also, Michelle Rodriguez sort of fits that description to m maybe?

michelle_rodriguez_swat.jpg

Woah....thank you for finding the ideal body that I wanted but couldn't define!! Lean, muscular, and athletic. Athleticism is the biggest part for me.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    moss3XPS1910_468x382.jpg

Thin-Mommy-Angelia-Takes-Her-Girls-for-a-Walk.jpg

1932848854_20ce811d8e_o.jpg

not sure what the image code is for this site
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Someone like Beyonce or Kim Kardashian would be the look I would want and the one that is most attainable for my body. I have a big chest and hips and did even at my lowest weight. When I weighed 145 with my 5'11" frame, I still wore a 32D!! I can't think of any other inspirations that are similar to my body type
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Tyrese Gibson
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    tyrese1.jpg
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    bump, want to come back later!

Mine is Alyssa Milano (VERY unrealistic for me, but I love her body!)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    bump, want to come back later!

Mine is Alyssa Milano (VERY unrealistic for me, but I love her body!)

I have to agree...that is a worthy goal lol =D.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    (double post, but got it right the 2nd time)
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Also, Michelle Rodriguez sort of fits that description to m maybe?

michelle_rodriguez_swat.jpg

Ah... Michelle Rodriguez DEFINITELY has the stature and kickin' *kitten* & taking names attitude (at least her characters usually do) that I both strongly identify with and the narcissist in me admits she certainly piques my Kinsey 2 interest ;)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm another Jessica Biel fan. She seems to have some thigh meat too, which is my problem area, so she might be an obtainable goal for me.... Except for the boobs, well unless I get surgery.
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    KimKardashianButtNikeWomen.jpg

This is my ideal body!! She has a butt and is proud of it!! The quote on the side it pretty inspirational too!! This is so going on my mirror.

*Turns out this ad is a fake, but it's still a great picture.
  • x3vanessaxo
    x3vanessaxo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Definitley agree! i would love to have Kim Kardashians body! shes still curvy but looks amazingg! i have boobs and a butt so this seems more realistic for me than trying to look like jillian michaels or someone w/6 pack abs and alot of muscles.
  • JenRedesigned
    JenRedesigned Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    daisy.jpg
    I have always loved Daisy Fuentes! She was my body-idol since I played volleyball in high school. She is tall like me and is fit, but not too muscular. :) Beautiful!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    KimKardashianButtNikeWomen.jpg

This is my ideal body!! She has a butt and is proud of it!! The quote on the side it pretty inspirational too!! This is so going on my mirror.

*Turns out this ad is a fake, but it's still a great picture.

She couldn't be wearing less flattering pants, though!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lpcparTIZz1qeymcmo1_500.jpg

how much do you think she lifts?!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    More than me!
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    lead_Michelle-200x0.jpg

Michelle Bridges body is awesome, she's totally inspired me to get into exercising asap and go for it until i get there!