I have a question re exercise

Options
iojoi
iojoi Posts: 378 Member
I suffer with fatigue and so I am doing my exercise spread out over the day in short amounts (say walking 2x 30 mins at a time and maybe a 30 min swim ) so what i wanted to ask is exercise as effective this way and will i still get the same benifits as someone who can do longer time spans.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    It is just fine. In fact I believe I read somewhere that it is actually preferable. I don't remember where though.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    yes, If that it what you need to get through it, then do so. Some days my ONLY exercise is only 30 minutes (30 crazy intense minutes). Some days I do more. I break up my workouts to smaller times sometimes too. If I don't have a whole block of time to do it all together, I break workouts up as well. Calories burned are calories burned and 3 times a day for 30 mutes is still 90 minutes total.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My whole idea here is, it doesn't matter if it's as effective for you, because that IS YOUR BODY'S 100% right!?? As long as you're moving and you can feel it in your body... you're doin the right thing for you! I think you'll be amazed at how quickly you will be able to slowly sttart increasing the durations and difficulty. Do what you can to the bedt of your ability and if you do that honestly, I HONESTLY believe you'll be as successfull as you wanna be!!

Good luck!!
  • anner53108
    anner53108 Posts: 103
    Options
    The best kind of exercise is the exercise you do regularly. So if, for you, that means doing shorter workouts more often, then great! And I totally agree with bettertracie -- I'm sure those will become longer workouts once you work up to them!

Go you!! :smile:
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    thanks i am trying to build up my stamina bit by bit and the swimming is really helping that
    so watch this space ;)