Ripped out an extra lap on a course I've only ever done one

Options
rocklion
rocklion Posts: 69 Member
So, I ripped out a second lap on a mountain bike course today I've only ever been able to do one lap on. And I loved it, and I can feel the results and progress of the training program I've been on the last month.

One thing I have been concentrating on lately is trying to strengthen my legs more. I started weightlifting a month ago to do that. I work the full body of course, but one thing in particular I wanted to make sure I didn't slack on was the legs. That's the biggest part of what I do. I hike, mountain bike and just started trail running. So, I've paid particular attention to that.

So this was the first time I had been on my bike in about a month. Just around the time I started the new training. This particular course, I usually do one lap in about 45 to 50 minutes. By the end, I'm usually so worn out I can't do anymore, legs are shaking, I'm winded. it's a 4.5 mile loop.

i get on it today, and I noticed from the get go it was going to be different. I had all my wind, I was barely breaking a sweat and didn't even hardly get winded until about three quarters of the way through the course. I also did climb after climb. Usually climbing is the worst part of my biking. I never could make it up the hills without wearing down. So, I'd get off the bike and walk up the hill. I had to get off the bike three times today on climbs. Not because I was winded, but because I hit some roots I couldn't make it over. I just hopped off, jumped the bike over them and kept climbing.

Oh and the 45 to 50 minutes I said I usually did for a lap? The first lap I clocked 30 minutes and the second I clocked 25 minutes.

For the first time, I really hauled *kitten* on that bike and it felt amazingly, amazingly good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!