Knee and lower back soreness

Options
Ok, I need some advice from people that had successful treatments on helping knee soreness and lower back pain.. If you have a successful treatment plan for either or both, please pass it along..

Replies

• Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ice.. when my knees are hurting (which is often lately) I will ice them. Also using icy hot helps some. i don't have much trouble with my back. i went to the doctor last week about my knee and he advised me to take some time off from running because i'm putting to much stress on the joints.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    What type of pain/soreness is it? Sharp is bad and needs to be addressed by a doctor. Muscle pain you can push through or take a day off. Otherwise I usually go by RICE - Rest, Ice, Compress and Elevate. You can also take an OTC medicine to help with swelling (you can generally tell if something is swollen when it is warmer than usual).

Best of luck!
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    muscle pain - it'll go away. no problems there...

if you experience pain in joints or spine, I recommend to see a doctor.

I've injured lower back and spine a year ago, I'm still not 100% and trying to heal.

Few visit to the physical therapist can help; they usually teach exercises that help to heal an strengthen the lower back.