Do You Fit on a Roller Coaster?

Options
I just posted a new blog about my experience recently at Disney and Harry Potter World.
You can read it here: http://goo.gl/pcw2b

How many of you guys have been denied at amusement parks because of your size?

Replies

• joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    Me but because of my height LOL!!
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going to Six Flags in a month... I actually started my weight loss journey when we decided thats what we would do for his birthday. Even though I have lost 22 lbs I worry that I will still be denied. I'm not sure I could stand the embarrassment!
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i have because of my height.
    I am overweight by quite a bit, but I have a super petite frame, so I'm not wide, just big.
  • kryscas
    kryscas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Last summer I went to Canada's Wonderland, an amusement park in the Toronto area with several old-school roller coasters. I find the newer roller coasters have bigger seats for modern size bums (?? lol ) but the old ones......I was not about to let my son down and not ride the roller coaster we waited an hour in line for....I crammed myself in that seat and pushed on the bar until I heard it click. I was bruised! But it was worth it. lol
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have not been denied, but before I started my weight loss journey I was dangerously close to not fitting on the rides. I live in FL (amusement park central) so it was going to become a problem if I didn't fix it! I mean, I was probably 5-7 lbs away from not being able to really fit on most rides which was an awful thought because I, too, love roller coasters.

As for Harry Potter, the ride is pretty great, but I almost threw up, no joke! I would ride it again, though.
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have not been denied, but before I started my weight loss journey I was dangerously close to not fitting on the rides. I live in FL (amusement park central) so it was going to become a problem if I didn't fix it! I mean, I was probably 5-7 lbs away from not being able to really fit on most rides which was an awful thought because I, too, love roller coasters.

As for Harry Potter, the ride is pretty great, but I almost threw up, no joke! I would ride it again, though.

I live in Florida also and have been to many of the amusement parks and have not taken the chance to ride any of the coasters because I am afraid of the embarrasment also. I am a coaster fanatic and that is part of my motivation. I have always used my son not wanting to go on because he is scared as an excuse, I have decided that soon he will have to get over his fear LOL.
  • navywife33
    navywife33 Posts: 31
    Options
    When I'm in line waiting for a roller coaster I always look to see if someone is bigger than me who in front of me... then I see how they do in the seats. I live in a very high 'attraction' area with roller coasters so it's always on my mind. Because of being bigger and then add in the fact that I have huge... ummm... 'girls' the harness that comes over your head always squeezes me and I can't breathe :(
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have had it happen once. The bar wouldnt click and I was really embarrassed. And that was prob 4 yrs ago when I was not as heavy as I was when I started my weight loss joureny. Went to a water park last summer and would not ride anyhting with an "enclosed" tube for fear of getting stuck. But hoping that this summer will be better and different!