Half A$$ed: A Weight Loss Memoir

Options
This book is awesome...it is the memoir of a girl who lost over 200 pounds...an awesome read for anyone who has a lot to lose...it's by Jennette Fulda...I'm only a few chapters in, but so far it's a really good book!

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    This book is awesome...it is the memoir of a girl who lost over 200 pounds...an awesome read for anyone who has a lot to lose...it's by Jennette Fulda...I'm only a few chapters in, but so far it's a really good book!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will check it out. I just got finished with "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan, it will definitely make you think about the food you put in your mouth in a whole new way. Not a gross way like the mcdonalds thing, it just makes you realize and understand how junky even our "health" foods can be :drinker:
  • kathy42520
    kathy42520 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! I would like to recommend Losing It : And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time by Valerie Bertinelli. She may be a celebrity, but she is a very real person and does a good job of explaining how emotions caused her overeating and weight gain. I thought the book was great.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here reading this book and I am in a chapter where she discusses her blog...her website is pastaqueen.com for anyone who is interested...there are some AMAZING progress pictures on there...
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love the name! :laugh:

Hmm, I should write a memoir!! :happy:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

you could call it

Tami the girl who lost a whole person!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

you could call it

:laugh: :laugh:

And I could mention my friend Jackie and her love of sniffing Cadbury cream egg wrappers around Easter!! This next Easter, we should pick a day and time and both take a sniff of the wrapper at the same time!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

you could call it

:laugh: :laugh:

And I could mention my friend Jackie and her love of sniffing Cadbury cream egg wrappers around Easter!! This next Easter, we should pick a day and time and both take a sniff of the wrapper at the same time!! :laugh: :laugh:

sounds like a PLAN!!!! but then we must give the chocolate to the kids and watch THEM eat it LOL... no cream eggs for me this year!!!!
  • pecksun8
    Options
    Uhg, I don't know how anyone can eat those things! It's like liquid concentrate sugar! I have neve been able to eat those or peeps. Then again, I am not much of a candy person, now chips...weakness.

I like the Lick the Produce section of her website.