I need help on the sandwich thing

Options
hey guys.. so first of all I just joined today ..
I went to gym 1-2 hours a day ..its my 3rd day today
I as I was researching some tips on dieting I came up with this site.. and glad to have this one to keep me in track on my food..
As I was listing down the foods I ate the whole day and calculating calories..
I got a lil problem with the sandwich
coz I ate a sandwich on my lunch
My Sandwich is a home made one
it has one piece of lettuce, mustard (yellow mustard), tomato ketchup (heinz) and 2 piece of smoked honey baked ham and a hotdog bun sandwich type of bread >.< (just the regular bun)

i cant see it in the list :( so i need help on this sandwich hahahhahaah!

Replies

• wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Something like that you have to look up 1 item at a time. Helps if you have the brand names of the bread and such.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    nevermind, see answer above
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    When I log sandwiches in the MFP food diary thing, I break them down into the various parts. For example, today for lunch I had a turkey sandwich. I try and figure out about how many slices of turkey I had on my sandwich and about how many tablespoons of mustard I used on my sandwich. I count one slice of onion and one slice of leaf lettuce. In the MFP food diary, it saves items you've used before so if you eat the sandwich tomorrow, you can just quick check the items and save yourself the time later!
  • jmassardo
    jmassardo Posts: 84
    Options
    If it's something that you eat often, you might consider using the "Recipes" section to add it once, then you can add a single item that will be accurate for the food you ate.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yep...it is like @wonder said. You do it one ingredient at a time. However, if it is a sandwich you eat on a regular basis you can save it under "my meals" and it will be there for you to select in the future...so you don't have to look up each ingredient every time you eat it. I hope this helps.
  • annastacia10
    annastacia10 Posts: 106
    Options
    I have a food scale to weigh all my sandwich meats and use the same bread so it makes it much easier. For example, I eat mostly low sodium Hillshire Farm turkey or ham, so it will show up in my most recent food group. So all I have to do is adjust for how many ounces the meat is for that sandwich. I also use the same bread, Nature's Own 40 cal honey wheat so that shows up in my most used food list. Much more accurate calorie count this way.
  • vintageeve
    vintageeve Posts: 14
    Options
    thankx guys your guides helped me ..i break down my sandwich into pieces
    =) .. like you said..
  • tacoma210
    tacoma210 Posts: 19
    Options
    List the ingredients out individually then you can make it a meal and save it for next time !