Too Much Fiber?

Options
Today is kind of a "free" day for me, so I wasn't as structured. I pretty much ate whatever I wanted or craved, but still counted my calories. At the end of the day I looked at my diary and thought "Well, this isn't too bad" (1,599 calories). Then I saw my fiber intake. I nomally consume around 35 grams a day.
OH HOLY HELL...... today I consumed 71 grams of fiber!!!! All from natural sources. For some reason I went on a Rosarita No Fat Traditional Refried Bean BASH. Oh, not to mention the split pea soup or the 9 clemintine oranges I ate.

Can anyone help me? I need advice, quick! I'm trying to prevent a national disaster!!!!

Replies

• Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    My nutrion teacher said that its not bad eating to much fiber.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think you will be ok. I have done that before. Too much fiber can cause gas and constipation. Lay off the fiber tomorrow and it should be alright. Good luck!
  • MistressChris
    Options
    I'm totally freaked out, all over the web I'm seeing not to consume more then 50 grams. I don't even know WTH or HOW I could eat 71 grams. I'm afraid I'll blow through the roof and wake up in outter space in the morning. Only symtom so far is I look 8 months pregnant..... No more bean binges!!!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't repeat it, but don't let it freak you out. Just have a regular couple of days and you'll be fine.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water to help it all pass thru. Don't freak. One day won't kill you. :)
  • MistressChris
    Options
    Thanks to you all! I just drank 24oz's of water and I'm going to try to get some rest. *Sigh* This is what happens on weekends when I don't take my Ritalin and fail plan ahead...... Maybe I'll start planning my weekend meals on Fridays so I don't get in trouble again. I'll be hittin' the H2O again first thing in the A.M.!

Goodnight Friends! <3
  • MistressChris
    Options
    Well, here is an update for those of you that have found yourself in the same situation. Other then being a little bloated last night I didn't have any side affects.:bigsmile:
    This morning I was a little afraid of taking my Ritalin and my morning cup of coffee, but so far so good. Perhaps I have been eating healthy for so long that my body just knows what to do. (I was convinced I was going to die when I noticed the fiber count:sick: ). The other possibility is that it was spread over such a long time (6am-9pm) that everything was already absorbed.
    The one thing I DID notice is that my morning weigh in was slightly higher then yesterday. (2.4 pounds)

Bottom line: I learned that too much fiber (from food) wont kill me, cause a natural disaster, or make my pets run for cover.
    Gotta LOVE MyFitnessPal.... where else can you post about such personal issues and actually find help and compassion. :flowerforyou: