How much exercise?

Options
I'm just wondering if you exercise everyday and what exercise you do?

I try to do at least one exercise a day, yesterday i managed, treadmill, 30 day shred and zumba wii but that's only because i didn't have anywhere to go.

So what's your weekly routine?

Replies

• gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i like to get in atleast 1 mile a day, mostly on the treadmill and if it isnt raining then i do it outside. if i am walking on the treadmill i usually go over a mile. but i make sure that i do it everyday, 7 days a week. on some days i might do it twice a day, but that is just like once a week. i also lift weights every other day for upper body (arms, shoulders and back)...
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i lift weights every other day. i'm trying to build muscle or 'bulk' as they call it
  • sarahlouisah
    sarahlouisah Posts: 116
    Options
    i try to jog 30 mins 3 times a week walk to work and back 60 mins 5 days a week in total when its not raining and wii active when i can
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I try to do at least 30 mins on the Wii every day, either Wii Fit, Wii sports tennis or My Fitness coach: dance workout. I'm beginning to think about looking at other exercises including some form of weights.
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I TRY to go to the gym 4 times a week.. At the moment though its been more like 2 as I have had work, and on top of that uni work which I have deadlines for. So I have been making my uni work my number one priority.

I normally do, 30minutes treadmill (at least 25 of these running, but not necessarily without stopping) 15 mins elliptical trainer and/or 15mins bike. I then do some tricep, bicep and leg weights.
    Normally once a week I do a spinning class instead of the gym work out.
    Ive done a few days of the 30 day shred on a couple of the days when I didnt go to the gym, I wanted to feel like I was doing SOMETHING instead of sitting in front of a computer all day!

My ideal exercise plan would to do my gym routine 3 times a week, spin once a week and 30 day shred twice a week, but its just finding the time to fit it all in :(
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i do biggest loser on kinect for 40mins , zumba kinect 45 - 90mins, cross trainer 10 - 30 mins, walking 45 - 90 mins every day. im lucky as i have alot of time to do this. i really enjoy working out and if for some reason i cant do any i get quite upset.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I mix mines up:

Leslie Sansone 4 times a week: I do the 15 minute (1 mile), 30 min (2 mile) or 4 miler video

I walk, I do the treadmill (35-40 minutest)

I also do resistance band exercises -- wall push ups, jog up stairs, and some kickboxing/cardio videos

About to switch it up soon to Zumba / Turbo Jam

So far, the results have been great on toning, and losing weight!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    At the moment I do either Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism 4 - 5 days a week. Some days I'll add a half hour jog or one of my other exercise DVDs (maybe a cardio workout from a Davina video, or just tag 30 Day Shred on the end) if I have the energy. But generally 1 hour of constant exercise 4 - 5 times a week is what I'll always aim for.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I like running so I do that 4-5 times a week and thirty day shred although it is hard for me to do both in the same day with the jumping jacks...knee hurts a bit. I also do weights. I go to the gym Love the arc trainer and elliptical. Treadmill sometimes and Kettlebells are really nice!