Roar from Singapore~

Options
Hi All, found this lovely app on my mobile and decided to give it a go to keep up with my records. I never really get calorie counting, and with the pre-program of net- calories... I'm shock that mine is @ 1200!! I mean isn't that the survival benchmark BMR for most?! I'm in for day 2 and I must say keeping it low takes planning & tons of discipline..

Well, I hope to know everyone & anyone to support our goals hand in hand~ :)

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You can change your goals manually. Mine set me at 1200, and I changed it to around 1400. I'd rather have my weight loss be slower, but without being so stressed.

Remember, it's not a race, it's a lifestyle change.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I think MFP treats 1200 as a safety net, so whatever it thinks you should aim for, it'll never go lower than 1200.

MFP thinks I should be aiming for 1440 in order to lose 2lb/week, and that's a struggle! (I'm 1.86m and 97.5kg).
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi All, found this lovely app on my mobile and decided to give it a go to keep up with my records. I never really get calorie counting, and with the pre-program of net- calories... I'm shock that mine is @ 1200!! I mean isn't that the survival benchmark BMR for most?! I'm in for day 2 and I must say keeping it low takes planning & tons of discipline..

Well, I hope to know everyone & anyone to support our goals hand in hand~ :)

That's why I exercise.... so I can eat more....!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics

:bigsmile:
  • Melissa7777
    Options
    I agree with the calorie goals being unrealistically low. I manually changed mine and now that I have a more realistic calorie goal, I find myself putting in more effort to be under my calorie goal. When the calorie goal was really low, I felt there was no chance of making it everyday and so I just ate anything I wanted. Best of luck with MFP!!
  • b0ink83
    b0ink83 Posts: 10
    Options
    Well my plan is to try to burn @ least 400cals during training in order to be sane with the low calories plan. Body is holding up okay for day 3. They give a short goal of 5 weeks, hopefully I be able to survive till then. Great hearing from all of you :))