cheeky exercises to tone your inner thighs,

glaverty91
glaverty91 Posts: 2
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
does anyone know any good exercises to tone your inner thighs, other than squats or lunges since I'm doing about 200 of those a day :( ?

I'm starting to get rather disheartened about my weight and just want it gone!!!

to be honest any information about any workouts or exercises that others do would be great!

thank you :)

Replies

• campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    I have seen results doing Tae Bo workout dvds, all the kicking seems to do the trick!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    the gym im starting at tomorrow has a wave machine, its like a stepper but waving outwards rather than up and down - its meant to be great for inner and outter thighs and your butt - thats actually the first machine i wanna get on when i go tomorrow :o)

you could do those side leg lifts - dont know the proper name, but those where you lay on your side with one arm bent and your hand supporting your head, bend the leg on the floor to support your lower body and lift your other leg, keeping it straight, to around 45degrees - i used to do 15 lifts each side 3 times when I did kickboxing
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    I believe squats and lunges focus primarily on your glutes, quads, and hamstrings rather than the inner/outer thigh muscles, although everything is connected.

Suggest trying an abductor/adductor machine to strengthen those muscles. Simplistically, the abductor muscles are on the outside of your thigh, and the adductor muscles are the inside of your thigh. One set allows you to push your legs apart (abductor), and the other set (adductor) pulls them together.

There may be ways to accomplish the same thing without using a resistance machine, but others will have to chime in on that.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    I do alot of exercises with ankle weights. You can lay on your side and lift with your inner thing. I found the high and tight from the brazil butt lift to be fun exercises.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    pilates! google legs moves for pilates. the trainer had me get on the machine and I LOL......I was used to the lifting and floor work she did with me.

My core, inner and outer thighs were sore the next day with a series of small moves. It is hard for me to explain, but if I find a vid I will send the link
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Kettlebell swings using as heavy a weight as you can manage will make your inner thighs beg for mercy!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    I have done a ton of different exercise programs, and used a lot of machines and have honestly seen the most improvement from running.
This discussion has been closed.