joint pain

Options
bitty1taz
bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
I'm not sure what is going on, but as always, maybe someone here knows.
I worked out Friday...later that evening my left elbow hurt...like a dull throb. Nothing major and it went away.
Yesterday I walked/ran 4.25 miles. This morning around 2 am I woke to the worst pain ever in my right shoulder, left knee, and both elbows. I took something for the pain and went back to sleep. I woke up again around 7 with the pain in my elbows only worse. It actually makes me feel sick in my stomach. I took perscription strength pain killers and it helped but now...it's back and I can hardly type this.
The pain is in my elbows and goes down the side to my fingers. Any movement is killer....so I'm going to stop typing now.
Any idea what this could be?
Thanks

Replies

• aleyten
    aleyten Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I'm not your friend, so I can't see your food diary. Bu, if you use "fake sugar" like Splenda, STOP! I found that THAT was the cause of my joint pains. I found that truvia (I get the off brand) does NOT cause any joint pains. Just an idea! I hope it helps!

:happy:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    in what region of the country do you live?

i'm wondering cuz a friend of mine was just diagnosed with lime disease .. a symptom is roaming joint pain.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend seeing a doctor. Or better yet a chiropractor. Pain going down your arm from your elbows can actually be a pinched nerve in your upper back/base of your neck. If it is just joint pain, without radiating pain, it could also be arthritis. Exercise aggravates arthritis at first but over time it makes it better. But check with your doctor to see exactly what is going on and make sure you don't cause more damage.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I actually was bit by a tick a few weeks ago, and about a week ago they sent a blood test in. I've been on two antibiotics because the site where the tick bit me I got cellulitis and ended up in the hospital. This joint pain was out of the blue, but maybe it is linked to that...regardless of the meds on on.
    As far as my diet goes....I just the other day started the eat-clean diet. So processed foods are a no no, even though I did eat an Arby's chicken sandwich the one day. But I didn't get any fries, and I didn't get baccon or cheese on it.
    I'll have to call the dr. Monday.
    OH, and the pain finally went away...who knows! LOL!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I actually was bit by a tick a few weeks ago, and about a week ago they sent a blood test in. I've been on two antibiotics because the site where the tick bit me I got cellulitis and ended up in the hospital. This joint pain was out of the blue, but maybe it is linked to that...regardless of the meds on on.
    As far as my diet goes....I just the other day started the eat-clean diet. So processed foods are a no no, even though I did eat an Arby's chicken sandwich the one day. But I didn't get any fries, and I didn't get baccon or cheese on it.
    I'll have to call the dr. Monday.
    OH, and the pain finally went away...who knows! LOL!

be sure to mention the pain to the doctor. my friend who was just diagnosed said it would travel and disappear and reappear then travel, but they didn't know what it was for a while.. the doctors thought it was some kind of gout or arthritis, but the bloodwork said lime disease.

your bloodwork will probably show it, but it's still good to mention in the event it's a specfiic test they need to do. and i know like on the west coast, we didn't really have a lime disease problem because the ticks we had over there weren't the kind that give lime disease, but here on the east coast i know a LOT of people who have it from the deer tick.

k